Turn on thread page Beta

R.E.M Summer of Gigs watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to any of the R.E.M gigs in Britain this summer? They're kicking off their second stint in the UK on Saturday headlining the Isle of Wight Festival.

Then there are appearances in Sheffield, Manchester, Hull Nottingham, Glasgow Loch Lommond, before a Hyde Park sell out. For you in Ireland there will be a day out to Ardgillan Castle Dublin.

I'll be at the Manchester gig , hoping for some classics. Come on i know there are fans out there.

ReputationRep:
    They arent doing any gigs anywhere near me

ReputationRep:
    Travelling not an option?

ReputationRep:
    Not on my lack of funds, and I am trying to save up for drinking money for holls and for a martial arts seminar

ReputationRep:
    Nice, i hear Virgin Radio are broadcasting from the Isle of Wight Festival, just so you dont miss out. www.virginradio.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Yup, going down to London for the Hyde Park gig, should be great. Apparently a typical setlist for this tour is

1. What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
    2. So Fast, So Numb
    3. Animal
    4. Leave
    5. The Outsiders
    6. Drive
    7. Wanderlust
    8. Me In Honey
    9. Seven Chinese Brothers
    10. Everybody Hurts
    11. Electron Blue
    12. Electrolite
    13. Leaving New York
    14. Orange Crush
    15. I Wanted To Be Wrong
    16. The One I Love
    17. Walk Unafraid
    18. Losing My Religion
    Encore
    19. Imitation Of Life
    20. Bad Day
    21. The Great Beyond
    22. I've Been High
    23. I'm Gonna DJ
    24. Man On The Moon

With the ones in bold the ones I'll be particularly pleased to hear, especially Leave - possibly the best song written by anyone ever.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to the Nottingham one - and if that wasn't enough with Idlewild supporting it should be even better!

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted to go, but alas, I couldn't find anybody to go with and didn't want to go on my own. I am sure I will make it to an REM gig sometime, there's bound to be another one somewhere in the future for me to attend.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go but mainly because Feeder are supporting at several of the gigs- couldn't afford it though- wish I'd bought tickets for that and not Oasis!

ReputationRep:
    I saw REM at the IoW festival on Sunday...was about 10 rows from the front and they were awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    I saw REM at the IoW festival on Sunday...was about 10 rows from the front and they were awesome!
    That sounded great!! I was listening in on Virgin Radio. Cant wait now, Ive got no more exams until the concert. Yes also the support is great, Feeder, Idlewild and the Zutons!

ReputationRep:
    Seen 'em at brixton academy, you wont be disappointed!

got tickets for the city ground (nottingham) but realised im on holiday.. oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr_browne)
    That sounded great!! I was listening in on Virgin Radio. Cant wait now, Ive got no more exams until the concert. Yes also the support is great, Feeder, Idlewild and the Zutons!
    Yeah it was fantastic...especially pleased they did Nightswimming

ReputationRep:
    I hope they play Nightswimming tomorrow in Manchester, wouldnt mind osme of the surprises they threw up in Glasgow on Monday either such as So. Central Rain.

ReputationRep:
    What an amazing night it was! Nightswimming, Leave, These days plus all the old classics, Everybody Hurts, One I love, Losing My Religion, fantastic crowd, fantastic support (although Idlewild were a tad annoying). Here's some pics.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy if they just did Leave and nothing else, so I'm pretty chuffed they've been playing it on this tour. Can't wait now.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see them at Portman Road football Stadium in Ipswich, 8th July I think. Only about 30 minutes away, too!

ReputationRep:
    theres 6,000 tickets left for the KC (Hull) gig aparantly, and the organsisers arn't that pleased...

Ive never been a big fan myself, so arn't going to see them. They are very talented though, its just im not into their music, and think they peaked years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to see them (with Feeder and the Zutons supporting) on 9th July?

If you're mildly tempted, check out the prices on ebay. All those stupid scalpers and touts have bought too many tickets so a lot are going at very cheap prices. You can get them at around 15 or 20 pounds (not bad considering they were originally 35)

ReputationRep:
    That's really annoying - my bf and his mum are going btw

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.