Turn on thread page Beta

R.E.M Summer of Gigs watch

(Original post by SamTheMan)
    Is anyone going to see them (with Feeder and the Zutons supporting) on 9th July?

If you're mildly tempted, check out the prices on ebay. All those stupid scalpers and touts have bought too many tickets so a lot are going at very cheap prices. You can get them at around 15 or 20 pounds (not bad considering they were originally 35)
    I went to see them the other week at Lancashire County Cricket Club (with Feeder, the Zutons and Idlewild supporting) and all I can say is FANTASTIC. It is one the best gigs I have been to!! They are amazing live because you don't just get the music played but they put on a great performance. I know when I went the whole atmosphere of the crowd was amazing. Thousands of people all clapping their hands in the air to Man On the Moon is an unforgettable experience.

If you can get tickets then GO!! You really wouldn't regret it..

Plus they play a long set (2 hours plus) and play most of their hits so if you are a fan you won't be disappointed!! Also Feeder (wow..don't even like them that much but wow and the zutons are just ace )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    I went to see them the other week at Lancashire County Cricket Club (with Feeder, the Zutons and Idlewild supporting) and all I can say is FANTASTIC. It is one the best gigs I have been to!! They are amazing live because you don't just get the music played but they put on a great performance. I know when I went the whole atmosphere of the crowd was amazing. Thousands of people all clapping their hands in the air to Man On the Moon is an unforgettable experience.

If you can get tickets then GO!! You really wouldn't regret it..

Plus they play a long set (2 hours plus) and play most of their hits so if you are a fan you won't be disappointed!! Also Feeder (wow..don't even like them that much but wow and the zutons are just ace )
    There are gold circle and standard tickets for the concert. Gold circle tickets allow you to be close to the stage. I'm tempted by getting some gold circle ones and getting rid of my tickets. Were you near the stage?

ReputationRep:
    The Lancashire gig was slightly different because it was just General Admission with fanclubbers getting in earlier. I got to about here away.
    Attached Images

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.