Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok...might sound a lil crazy, but money...im starting to hate it, im saving for uni, and knowing that im going to have to get a loan aswell comes across as being a really daunting prospect!!!

just wondering if it's all worth it?

daz :confused:

ReputationRep:
    it is all worth it but as you started the thread why dont we all trade stories of how **** the cost of uni is?

for my first year i will need to pay £3500 for accomodation + £1200 for tuition, and god knows what on living expenses, accomodations IS catered so that reduces it, but... let's see going out, books, clothes, materials etc etc im looking at what another £2000 right?

I get the minimum £3000 loan... parents can afford to give me £1000, so thats £2700 debt to start, plus another say £700 for a laptop, basically it's going to be a complete nightmare to cope financially for the first YEAR let alone the three, (did I mention I have nothing in my bank as we speak?)

Gonna have to work all summer and probably have a job while studying as well.

the thing that pissed me off most was in our last assembly as year 13s the head made a comment along the lines of "im sure lots of u will be taking this summer to relax, have fun go out etc etc" - not likely! grrr i dont know one single one of my friends who wont be working full time for 3 months this summer - lame

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.