Having sex under age... Watch

gummers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Right, I see a lot of people on here have very strong rules about not having sex till both partners are 16..

Although in my area, my school/college etc, people would never think of this..

For example, if somebody who was 16-18 seen somebody who was 15 and they thought was hot they would dive straight in there and wouldn't be bothered about her not being of age. 'Everybody' knows people are having underage sex and nobody cares (as i know of), Surely, because from the age of like what, 12? You can go the sex clinic and get jonnys. If it was such a bad thing to be having sex underage wouldn't they deny them the right to free jonnys then lecture them until they didn't want to have sex anymore (I know this really wouldn't happen because despite what people get told they don't listen).

I was just wondering what made some/most users of this site have such strong 'views' or w.e of not having sex until you reach 16

Thanks,

Ryan :rolleyes:
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you have sex before 16, your respective reproductive organs stop functioning.

Oh, and 16 = legal age.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gummers)
because from the age of like what, 12? You can go the sex clinic and get jonnys. If it was such a bad thing to be having sex underage wouldn't they deny them the right to free jonnys then lecture them until they didn't want to have sex anymore
If only life were that simple. I imagine several years ago it was exactly like this, but teen pregnancies were still increasing. So the government/medical profession has accepted defeat and just said "ok if you really have to have sex, please at least let us give you free, confidential protection". Rather than unsuccessfully trying to stop the sex happening, now they just try and make it protected.

The problem lies in sex education. You would think in Sex Education you would learn about sex but no, you learn about fallopian tubes and that condoms are "97% effective" (any teacher/school who says the latter should be caned).

Anyway, ignoring the obvious moral reasons, personally, even when I was really desperate and lonely, I didn't truly consider underage sex, even if the girl was gonna be 16 in a few months. Above all else, having sex with a minor is against the law and being found guilty is a life sentence. You'll be in prison for a number of years (and apparently other prisoners will do their best to make your life a misery, they don't like pedophiles. At least that's what my mum and Con Air taught me :p:), put on the Sex Offender's Register and the rest of your life will be affected.

Considering that in some cases the minor doesn't even need to have any evidence to get someone found guilty of underage sex, it's not worth it. (men these days won't even help a lost child for fear of being branded a pedophile. GMTV/a newspaper or something taught me that one).

Think about it, why have a life of hell as an official pedophile? If you really must sex this girl, why not just wait for up to a year?

I've had a few underage girls come onto me. Even though I've flirted, when they've mentioned meeting or even being their boyfriend I've said no or said 'well let's wait until you're legal'. Really not worth the hassle, especially when you can have patience.

The reason why nearly everyone on here says 16 or older is a good age to start having sex, that's to do with the mental aspect. Many regret having sex younger than 16 (and some a bit older), only the minority don't. At that age you think you're ready for sex, just like how you "know" you're "in love" with your latest boyfriend/girlfriend until you break up after a month together.
Trishyy
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I think people should wait till they're of age -18+. Sex should be special, not something you do whenever you get a new bf :\ or because you feel like everyone else is doing it and you just want to know... Everyone should just relax on the sex subject and let it all happen naturally.

People younger than 18 shouldn't really be having sex, esp. when most can't take the responsbility it comes with. Getting pregnant is a bigger risk too as people as younger than 18 aren't actually physically ready for all that childbearing (why they get treated as 'at-risk- pregnancies)...
krazykeys
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
I think you have to question what is wrong with people who are over 18 who are atracted to children under 16. I think it isnt a case of weather its right or not (which it isnt) I think you have to ask why a grown adult is attracted to children, and how this will develop when they are older. Obviously this is not true of a immature 17 year old and a 15 year old, but when someone is 18 (regardless of maturity) they are an adult and if 18 and 15 is ok, then why not 19 and 15, why not 25 and 15, why not 38 and 15?
Andrew92
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by krazykeys)
I think you have to question what is wrong with people who are over 18 who are atracted to children under 16. I think it isnt a case of weather its right or not (which it isnt) I think you have to ask why a grown adult is attracted to children, and how this will develop when they are older. Obviously this is not true of a immature 17 year old and a 15 year old, but when someone is 18 (regardless of maturity) they are an adult and if 18 and 15 is ok, then why not 19 and 15, why not 25 and 15, why not 38 and 15?
Most girls, physically, have matured by 15. What's the difference between say, 18 and 15, and 38 and 35? Come on.

FWIW, under ager sex, fine, as long as you're safe (and i'm not even saying that to validate myself, I'm 17 and not long lost my virginity, my girlfriend is 19).
makaveli90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
are "jonnys" condoms?
Andrew92
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by makaveli90)
are "jonnys" condoms?
Yes
Ladipidoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Fypo had sex with a handful of girls when he was just 12 and got at least 3/4 of them pregnant. :nopity:

(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
This is true.
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anything younger than 16 is too young in my opinion.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ladipidoo)
Fypo had sex with a handful of girls when he was just 12 and got at least 3/4 of them pregnant. :nopity:
I had to search for this post cause it didn't come up in my quotes. :hmmm:
Insanesabre
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is always a split discussion, some people go "no its totally wrong" others go "oh its okay so long as its safe" end of the day its down to the actual people involved, for example a 40 yr old male having sex with a 14 year old female might be seen as "wrong" but the blurring of ages between say 14 - 19 is acceptable, or a lot more so than that of a grown adult.

16 is set as the legal age due to that is when the body has developed enough to hand it (apparently) and that is simply the reason why, there are no side effects to having under age sex (well none worse than having normal sex) and safety first.

What really confuses me is that some people go "don't have penetrative sex before 16, but oral and fingering etc is fine" ... they don't get its 99.9% the same thing. But remember above everything else, you only live once, so enjoy it
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think a lot of people stay away because if your caught, and the police get involved, then it can and will have some very serious effects on your life.
I do agree the whole age of consent thing is a little borked. I mean really whats the difference between a 15 year old and a 16 year old? But I think most people would rather wait a bit, that risk getting out on the sex offenders list and stuff.
martin101
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you're over 16 and your partner is not, in the eyes of the law its rape - regardless of consent. Its pretty dodgy territory to be getting into.
Smack
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Andrew92)
Most girls, physically, have matured by 15. What's the difference between say, 18 and 15, and 38 and 35? Come on.

FWIW, under ager sex, fine, as long as you're safe (and i'm not even saying that to validate myself, I'm 17 and not long lost my virginity, my girlfriend is 19).
****ing high fives to you, man!

I think people should wait till they're of age -18+. Sex should be special, not something you do whenever you get a new bf :\ or because you feel like everyone else is doing it and you just want to know... Everyone should just relax on the sex subject and let it all happen naturally.

People younger than 18 shouldn't really be having sex, esp. when most can't take the responsbility it comes with. Getting pregnant is a bigger risk too as people as younger than 18 aren't actually physically ready for all that childbearing (why they get treated as 'at-risk- pregnancies)...
If you've got a partner that you actually like then yes, sex does happen naturally ... even if you're 14. I don't see why under 18s are predisposed to having pressured, "unnatural" sex at all.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by martin101)
if you're over 16 and your partner is not, in the eyes of the law its rape - regardless of consent. Its pretty dodgy territory to be getting into.

You'd think so but the police done nothing when it was my 14 year old sister and a 17 year old boy...

The age difference wasn't big enough and he wasn't over 18 so nothing they could do. Hm.
warrenpenalver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think youll find there was plenty they could do.... They just chose not to! Also CPS would be unlikely to prosecute unless they were sure to get a conviction and as the guidlines mention circumstances where the age gap is small and specifically mention that the law is not meant to be used to indiscrimiately criminalise people due to the implications of a conviction.

Just because they choose not to pursue it this time, doesnt mean youll get away with it in future
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
Eep, what you mean I'll get away with it?
PlanetTea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Generally people get away with it. And even if they do get caught by the police, it's unlikely that they'll be prosecuted. Even if they're 18. On the other hand, if it's someone whose say, 22. Then you have problems.

To be honest I don't understand why some men do it. It's just frankly disturbing. Because these girls are children and they shouldn't be having sex. I was convinced I was ready at 15. Which now that i'm 18 and finally beginning actually understand what sex means, I was not old enough. I was not mentally capable. And I'm very glad that I was never stupid enough to actually do it. Sex is for adults not children. And there is something deeply wrong about them doing it.
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
IMO it's when you are personally ready for it. Some people this is at 14/15 others this isn't until their 20s and there is no right or wrong. The only time I really can't stand the thought is when one person is underage and the other is 18+ but AFAIK that is technically rape and illegal... I'm happy waiting until I'm ready rather than rushing into anything

Also being able to get free condoms isn't necessarily condoning it, it's making sure that at least if people are doing it underaged that they will hopefully use protection and avoid STIs and babies popping out 9 months later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads