Don't do maths a-level-best way to prepare for it on the SAT. Watch

Favourite Worst Nightmare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I got an A in maths GCSE but I have forgotten most of it after two years of not doing any maths and my mental maths skills are very rusty now. I really need to get back upto speed for the SAT in November and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations?

I know the SAT is supposed to be really easy for A-Level students but my maths is extremely poor atm so I do need to work on that. Say if I got a tutor to go over some things with me, what topics should I ask him to do with me? To give you an example of how much I've forgotten, I can't even remember how to do simple stuff like trigonometry :eek: I'm sure it will come back to me with practice...hopefully.
gyyy2807
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm taking SAT maths level 2 in November as well. I did maths and further maths at alevel so I don't really need to learn that much. My suggestion would be to buy like a Barrons/Princeton Review book and then get a tutor to go through those topics with you.

Which exam centre are you doing it at?
Rep:
?
(Original post by gyyy2807)
I'm taking SAT maths level 2 in November as well. I did maths and further maths at alevel so I don't really need to learn that much. My suggestion would be to buy like a Barrons/Princeton Review book and then get a tutor to go through those topics with you.

Which exam centre are you doing it at?
Manchester hopefully.
gyyy2807
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
Manchester hopefully.
Last time I checked (a few days ago) all the test centres in England were full for November, except for Jersey. So I had to book for Edinburgh.
Rep:
?
(Original post by gyyy2807)
Last time I checked (a few days ago) all the test centres in England were full for November, except for Jersey. So I had to book for Edinburgh.
Crap :eek:
gyyy2807
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
Crap :eek:
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. Sorry mate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads