My grades Watch

STB
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
First post on here but i've heard plenty about it being a great place to ask questions, i've been intending to join for a while.

I'm in 6th year now and i'm looking at trying to get into a Pharmacology course at Glasgow or Strathclyde. Anyone else looking at that kind of area incidently?

Four B's are on the entry requirements for most of them but for whatever reason i screwed up some of my highers pretty badly. I don't know why really and i'd say i was capable of more but nothing i can do about it now. Would have been good for 6th year to be a bit more relaxed, i can't blame anyone but myself.

What i actually got was bbccd with Biology C and Chemistry D and i'm re-taking them with a view to the courses i've been looking at, Maths and English i got B in which i was happy enough with.

Generally when reading about second sittings they're talking about one grade higher overall. So does that mean it going up to ABBB meaning i need AB in the two sciences i'm doing again or am i misunderstanding it and it means i actually need A at both? Going up to A at both would be a big thing but having started them around a second time it seems to be feeling a bit easier, although i'll need to see how i do in any practice tests especially the prelims to see if i have improved all that much. I'm aiming to go up to A in both but whether it'll happen is another thing, i admit i'd be more comfortable if A B is what i need.

Any input is appreciated.
TheUnbeliever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello! I would expect it to mean ABBB, but it would depend on the precise wording (link?). Usual disclaimer: if you want absolute certainty, then email them and ask. They're likely to be only too happy to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads