Tonsilitus? Watch

aida e
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've had a really awful sore throat for the past 24/28 hours, plus feeling pretty lethargic and running a small temperature. I can't see my tonsils, but from what I've heard this may be tonsilitus? Can any med students diagnose me? (I'll see a doctor tomorrow!)
username324561
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Generally if you can't see your tonsils, you havn't got tonsilitus- tonsolitus is the inflammation (itus) of the tonsils.
You may have strep throat.
saccharin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you have tonsilitis, it will really really hurt when you swallow, and it will be hard to eat/drink. had it twice and it's so nastyyy!
stellatommo20
Report 9 years ago
dont wanna sound funny but you kinda 'know' if you've got it. but then ive had it so many times perhaps i just knew the signs, but had tonsillectomy 2 months ago, feels great now knowing il never EVER ave tonsilltis again :>:>

basically a painful throat, swollen, difficulty swlalowing etc. pain can be moderate to very very severe. swollen lymph glands in neck are another sure fire give away.

usualy tonsils will have white patches but this is not always the case.

sometimes you may have a temperature, others not, it really all dpeends no the severity of the infection.

hope you get better soon

tom
stephyrose23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I doesn't sound like tonsilitus, just a sore throat or strep throat - which is still bad.

Then again, it might be acute tonsilitus. I've had it three times and its one of the worst illnesses. Everytime you dare to swallow, it feels like your throat is lined with razors. No fun at all.
aida e
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks everyone And si, doctor tells me I have the viral form of tonsilitus. Bed and smoothies for me...
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by stephyrose23)
I've had it three times and its one of the worst illnesses.
:rofl:

That's special!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads