Turn on thread page Beta

Calling everyone with a local guitar shop!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I have been searching the internet for sometime and i cant find what i want for love nor money, it sucks! Basically what I am asking IS that all you fellow musiscians pop into your local shop and see if you can find (or find out for me, that would be uber kind!!) a left handed thunderbird Bass guitar!
    I would actually be your slave for ever if you found one and posted details!
    thanks
    Upliftmof0

ReputationRep:
    Gibson or epiphone?

ReputationRep:
    Either, If they have both than i'd go for the cheaper version (which would be the epiphone).

ReputationRep:
    Ok, coz my boyf works in a music shop so he can find out etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12)
    Ok, coz my boyf works in a music shop so he can find out etc
    Aw wow, thanks XD Thats super cool. reps just for being nice!

ReputationRep:
    Its no prob, he said hell have a looksie 2morow when he goes in

ReputationRep:
    Any luck with that Joey?

ReputationRep:
    why not just get a right handed one and re string it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    why not just get a right handed one and re string it?
    There are many problems with that. Firstly, and most importantly, the shape would be all wrong (upside down) second of all all the knobs and jack input will be on the upside, meaning they will get in the way of my hands. third of all it would mean drilling a hole into my nice new bass guitar just so i can put a strap in it.
    Im no jimi-hendrix ^_^;;

ReputationRep:
    I realise it's all personnal taste, but are you sure you want a thunderbird. Gibson/Epiphone overcharge for what you get in personnal experience. But I guess if you do like the shape then there's nothing that can be changed. Look at Warwick/Rockbass or Ernie Ball Musicman/OLP before buying because you would get better basses from there. Also give Yamaha a try. Warwick, Musicman and Yam all kick Gibson's ass in the bass department (incidentally Musicman kicks Gibson's ass in the elctic guitar department as well.)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, scratch the value thing. Gibson are good value, but what I mean basically is that, you can get a much nicer bass from the 3 above manufacturers, no offence Gibson.

ReputationRep:
    LOl, word up for the little man, err i mean companies lol. No you are right. I just love the shape of the thunderbird. I like the musicman shape as well, if i could have both I would get both. I was at a small gig yesturday and the bassist had a sunburst thunderbird (righthanded yunfortunatly) but damn it looked seksy. lol (not the bassist, tho one of the other bands playing had a pretty fine female bassist -- ooh what a random tangent.... XD

ReputationRep:
    No luck from Joey Itake it? Oh well everyone else ! please look!!!

ReputationRep:
    I could get you a left handed OLP MM2 I think it's name is. It's a left handed jobby, but posted may be a fair bit because I live in Guernsey and it would therefore need to travel oversea. It's a bass I tried to get my friend to buy but he hasn't got such a big commitment to justify buying it. Although I'm not familiar with OLP and their basses, as I have only played my MM Silhouette and a Steve Morse, but I've been told that this is a sh*t hot bass guitar. This particular one in the shop has the wooden finish with a red, saphire like pick guard. (Slightly darker wood I think that the one in the picture on the site below).

http://www.olpguitars.com/mm_bass_models.asp

If your interessted I'll find out how much it is for you and how much shipping will cost. I realise it's not the thunderbird shape you want, but this guitar is still cool. Got the 3+1 headstock which is the best thing ever for the bass.

If you've read my previous posts you'll realise how obsessed I am with Musicman and Ernie Ball's stuff, but honestly I won't be offended if you don't like it. It is a lefty bass guitar I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    i am kind of interested in this thread aswell. I thinking of getting one for a band, but i dont know how much it will cost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silhouette)
    I could get you a left handed OLP MM2 I think it's name is. It's a left handed jobby, but posted may be a fair bit because I live in Guernsey and it would therefore need to travel oversea. It's a bass I tried to get my friend to buy but he hasn't got such a big commitment to justify buying it. Although I'm not familiar with OLP and their basses, as I have only played my MM Silhouette and a Steve Morse, but I've been told that this is a sh*t hot bass guitar. This particular one in the shop has the wooden finish with a red, saphire like pick guard. (Slightly darker wood I think that the one in the picture on the site below).

http://www.olpguitars.com/mm_bass_models.asp

If your interessted I'll find out how much it is for you and how much shipping will cost. I realise it's not the thunderbird shape you want, but this guitar is still cool. Got the 3+1 headstock which is the best thing ever for the bass.

If you've read my previous posts you'll realise how obsessed I am with Musicman and Ernie Ball's stuff, but honestly I won't be offended if you don't like it. It is a lefty bass guitar I'm talking about.
    That is a very nice looking bass! unfortunatly I just spent all my money on a new bass amp which im happy about but leaves me unable to get a bass at this time. A new Bass is certainly still on my wish list though!
    Thanks Sihouette, I've bookmarked that site!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.