I wanna leave my accommodation Watch

Emzybobs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I hate me accommodation.....its not the people, I'm sure there probably nice, the place is ok and as far as uni places go it pretty cheap.

I'm just not happy there, it doesn't feel like a place I could make my own even for the next few months till summer.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could get out of my contract, you can be as creative as you like, I'm willing to lie to my landlord just to leave lol.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How long have you been there?

ETA - It is very, very hard to get out of a legal contract, trust me. Been there, done that.
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
Just a week tbh and I know your gonna say I should stay a while longer and try to settle in, but I just know when I'm not gonna be happy somewhere.....
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry, just to clarify - are you a fresher or in your second/third year?

What is it that you don't like?

I'm only asking so I can understand it properly :p: and so that I can give advice.... Like I said, I've been there and weaseled out of a housing contract but it took from February to just a few weeks ago to get myself released properly.
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
technically I'm a fresher, I was at the uni last year doing foundation but I failed so not I'm doing art foundation instead.

I don't like the atmosphere of the place, I've felt ill all week and its been hard to sleep, the lights are on a sensor and its timed so they go off when I'm in the shower (that just annoys me its not really why I wanna leave).

I think thats all really I just don't feel right being there and I feel that its gonna throw me off and I'll end up dropping out of uni if I stay.
DisgruntledMoth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't be such a pussy.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So you're in halls? Or living with an independant set of people/under an independant landlord?

If you're in halls, contact your accomodation office, they should be able to advise you further. If you're in a student let, then it gets a lot harder... You may have to pay rent for the term, rent until you find someone, they may not let you out of the contract.
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
(Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
Don't be such a pussy.

Well sorry for wanting to be happy......

I made this thread to ask for help if your just going to throw insults at me you can go F yourself!
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
So you're in halls? Or living with an independant set of people/under an independant landlord?

If you're in halls, contact your accomodation office, they should be able to advise you further. If you're in a student let, then it gets a lot harder... You may have to pay rent for the term, rent until you find someone, they may not let you out of the contract.

I'm in an independant place.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Emzybobs)
I'm in an independant place.
That unfortunatly makes it more difficult.

You need to see your Landlord ASAP and tell them that you're not happy with the accomodation and if they can't or won't fix it, you want to look for alternative accomodation. You will probably be asked to pay the rent for next month or something or to find someone to take your place, look at your contract and see what it says about leaving before your contract ends.

I signed a contract last January with four other girls just before I decided to drop out of uni (:rolleyes: whoops!) and I had a hell of a time getting my deposit back; I lost the £250 admin fee straight away but they held my deposit until the beginning of September when we eventually had to threaten them with legal action as they were holing it illegally.
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
That unfortunatly makes it more difficult.

You need to see your Landlord ASAP and tell them that you're not happy with the accomodation and if they can't or won't fix it, you want to look for alternative accomodation. You will probably be asked to pay the rent for next month or something or to find someone to take your place, look at your contract and see what it says about leaving before your contract ends.

I signed a contract last January with four other girls just before I decided to drop out of uni (:rolleyes: whoops!) and I had a hell of a time getting my deposit back; I lost the £250 admin fee straight away but they held my deposit until the beginning of September when we eventually had to threaten them with legal action as they were holing it illegally.

I've read the whole cotract back to front the only thing it says about leaving is that I must leave on or before the date my contract ends, I'll get an well worded e-mail to the landlord about why I wanna leave I may possibly haveta say I'm leaving uni or something lol
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've read the whole cotract back to front the only thing it says about leaving is that I must leave on or before the date my contract ends, I'll get an well worded e-mail to the landlord about why I wanna leave I may possibly haveta say I'm leaving uni or something lol
Don't lie to him about why you want to leave, tell him!

It may make it difficult for you to find alternate accomodation if you tell him you're leaving uni. Plus it leaves the next person with the same problems.
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
Don't lie to him about why you want to leave, tell him!

It may make it difficult for you to find alternate accomodation if you tell him you're leaving uni. Plus it leaves the next person with the same problems.

I guess.....I#m gonna have to do a bit more thinking, It looks like I'm not gonna get my loans till mid october so they might just kick me out for not being able to pay rent on time :woo: I'm going to a less formal place next year where the landlord shows up on rent day takes it in cash and then leaves you alone :rolleyes:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess.....I#m gonna have to do a bit more thinking, It looks like I'm not gonna get my loans till mid october so they might just kick me out for not being able to pay rent on time :woo: I'm going to a less formal place next year where the landlord shows up on rent day takes it in cash and then leaves you alone :rolleyes:
Be aware that word may get round that you don't pay your rent if you do that.
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
Be aware that word may get round that you don't pay your rent if you do that.

yeah but it'll be finance's fault for screwing up my loans rather than my fault for just not paying.
onlinebacon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah but it'll be finance's fault for screwing up my loans rather than my fault for just not paying.
They'll see it as your fault
Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just say you have been sexually harrased.... sure case to enable movement...
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Doesn't work that way, I'm afraid :no:
Emzybobs
Rep:
?
Doesn't work that way, I'm afraid :no:

this is a bunch of fail lol, i'll think of something...
aiy-iy
Report 9 years ago
i need a way to get out of mine too! i failed my first year so need to retake without accommodation so therefore i cant get a loan cz im not enrolled at the university...but the damn halls wont let me cancel!!! dunno what to do cz its been pretty hard to find someone to ake over my contract
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.51%
No - but I will (19)
5.67%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.36%

Watched Threads