I Know I'm Stupid buT ...... Watch

tweety_2479
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have taken up work with a supermarket and will start working there this saturday.

The thing is that i haven't given my notice to my old saturday job and i missed last week saturday as well and i won't be able to do any more days there

what do i do ?? do i write a letter of resignation and post it to my old job ? if so what do i put in the letter

ive been working at my old job over a year
WhereIsMyMind
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tweety_2479)
I have taken up work with a supermarket and will start working there this saturday.

The thing is that i haven't given my notice to my old saturday job and i missed last week saturday as well and i won't be able to do any more days there

what do i do ?? do i write a letter of resignation and post it to my old job ? if so what do i put in the letter

ive been working at my old job over a year
Did you use your old place as a reference? Because although you've been taken on at this new supermarket, your employment could still be terminated if your references aren't satisfactory - most places check the references once they've taken you on.

However, if you aren't under any contractual obligation (notice periods etc), then you should be OK with a generic resignation letter.

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name,

Please accept this letter as formal notification that I am leaving my position with XYZ company with immediate effect.

Thank you for the opportunities you have provided me during my time with the company. If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,
tweety_2479
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
Did you use your old place as a reference? Because although you've been taken on at this new supermarket, your employment could still be terminated if your references aren't satisfactory - most places check the references once they've taken you on.

However, if you aren't under any contractual obligation (notice periods etc), then you should be OK with a generic resignation letter.

thankyou so much that is perfect i i didnt use them as my reference so that should be ok i used two other people ..... although i am on a trial period i hope this doesn't effect my new job ....
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you had to give notice they're going to be ticked off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.61%
No - but I will (4)
3.42%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.27%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (64)
54.7%

Watched Threads