Confused teen - advice please? Watch

pomplemoose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've had quite a few boyfriends in the past (not in a ****gish way, just a normal amount for a 18 year old girl), and everythings always been fine etc. So I've never ever considered being anything but a stereotypical straight girl.

But recently, I've found myself only thinking about one person - a girl from work. I can't get her out of my mind. It's surreal. She's absolutely amazing, really pretty, funny and I don't really want to waffle on about my feelings for her, but I love her. :blushing:

The thing is I'm pretty sure she's straight. Although on her Facebook etc, her 'Interested in: Men/Women' is left blank.

She has no idea how I really feel about her. We are really close friends though. And to be honest, I'd never have the guts to tell her how I truly felt. I very much doubt I will ever tell her. No one knows how I feel. I wouldn't want to jeopardise our friendship.

I've never felt this way about anyone before, male or female. I don't look at other girls that way at all either.

I know I probably sound like a weird stalker-ish type, but I'm not. I just can't help how I feel about her. I act completely normal around her, just like any friend would. But she'd constantly in my mind/dreams etc and I think I read into things she says or does a bit too much. I suppose I want her to feel the same way towards me, though I doubt she ever will. So I keep all my thoughts to myself.

Does this make me bisexual/a lesbian/or just plain confused?

Thanks in advance, you've probably heard this kind of thing a hundred times over. I just wanted to tell someone, and TSR was the perfect opportunity. :o: Sorry for the long post.

It's not anon, because no one knows me on here. :woo:
Jonny Sniper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sexuality is ambiguous; you just seem a little confused. It seems to be only a one-off, so I wouldn't worry too much, it doesn't "define" your sexuality!
Aatiqah
Report 9 years ago
I'd say you were just curious! It doesn't have to define you unless you want to define yourself! But personally I'd say you've got a crush on a person who happens to be female rather than male, which doesn't necessarily make you bi or gay. I'm tired so this isn't making much sense! But you don't sound stalkerish! It's perfectly normal so don't worry about it though :-)
blueshoes123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pomplemoose)
Does this make me bisexual/a lesbian/or just plain confused?
If you've been attracted to other girls in the past then probably bisexual, if not then you're probably straight but she's the exception. Though technically it doesn't matter what you label it as because it won't change your feelings for her anyway if you do 'love' her. Sexuality isn't as black and white as people try to label it as (gay/straight/bi)

It's normal to be confused so don't worry about it, plenty of people take years to figure out their sexuality
eurydice333
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
girlcrush ^_^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads