Is my perception of things bizarre am I just vain? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Im guessing this is either unusual or that a lot of people are like this and its not worth mentioning. Basically it seems that most people take their bodies for granted for for me mine is like a sort of project which sounds weird but maybe I can't explain it. Even though guys don't find me attractive I like my body and am kind of proud of it, the shape etc (just to clarify not in a sexual way or anything weird like that loll) I mean I enjoy working out to keep slim and toned arms etc.

Most would say I do have faults (only 4ft 11, size AA breasts and bit of cellulite on thighs which im trying to get rid of) but ive accepted it as just natural. I sound so vain but others think im inconfident and I don't even dress up, wear revealing clothes like most girls because it just seems fake..as though its the actual body that matters not the clothing since the latter is not part of you and easily changed. Same with make up and hair these things can be easily changed and dont have an impact on health so I don't mind looking fairly scruffy.

I don't know I try to eat healthy cause im aiming for as perfect body as I can get naturally, not to try and impress anyone its just one of my highest priorities but I don't think that others think like this.:confused: To me perfect is as natural and healthy as you can get. I try and avoid the sun so I don't get skin damage too I can't explain its as though my body is a project and of highest priority (along with my cats) ive been like this since I was 14. Even though back then my idea of perfection was being muscular even though im female:rolleyes: So when the other girls were interested in make up, clothes and friends (ive never had many friends tbh) I was working out to try and get bigger muscles and taking pride in eating healthy its all I cared about:o: I know its stupid, now I just concentrate on being toned and healthy. I guess Im like this because I see my body as permanently mine other material things are not attached and can be thrown/taken away etc. Another weird thing is I went through a phase of being annoyed at my mum cause I wasn't breastfed as a baby..they say it increases long term health so to me this has hindered my health potential but I can't do anything about it and im seen as weird for going on about it so i'l shut up.

Its just one of my many quirks I guess or maybe other peple are like this but haven't tried to analyse it all like me:confused:

Btw no one knows all this they just see me as a withdrawn girl with an interest in working out, kick boxing and cats. Apart from my parents who see me as weird but yea I don't know why im like this although i care about others i guess i might be very self centered.
Adonis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you sound like the female version of me

except for;

the natural bit
the cats bit
the sun bit [i try to tan, it doesn't work]
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
but to add...

I wouldn't say it's bizzare because I do follow your thought process in that the body is more permanent than clothes, etc ...

it's always there.

but then I'm always called weird, so my reality is way different to most others.
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im guessing this is either unusual or that a lot of people are like this and its not worth mentioning. Basically it seems that most people take their bodies for granted for for me mine is like a sort of project which sounds weird but maybe I can't explain it. Even though guys don't find me attractive I like my body and am kind of proud of it, the shape etc (just to clarify not in a sexual way or anything weird like that loll) I mean I enjoy working out to keep slim and toned arms etc.

Most would say I do have faults (only 4ft 11, size AA breasts and bit of cellulite on thighs which im trying to get rid of) but ive accepted it as just natural. I sound so vain but others think im inconfident and I don't even dress up, wear revealing clothes like most girls because it just seems fake..as though its the actual body that matters not the clothing since the latter is not part of you and easily changed. Same with make up and hair these things can be easily changed and dont have an impact on health so I don't mind looking fairly scruffy.

I don't know I try to eat healthy cause im aiming for as perfect body as I can get naturally, not to try and impress anyone its just one of my highest priorities but I don't think that others think like this.:confused: To me perfect is as natural and healthy as you can get. I try and avoid the sun so I don't get skin damage too I can't explain its as though my body is a project and of highest priority (along with my cats) ive been like this since I was 14. Even though back then my idea of perfection was being muscular even though im female:rolleyes: So when the other girls were interested in make up, clothes and friends (ive never had many friends tbh) I was working out to try and get bigger muscles and taking pride in eating healthy its all I cared about:o: I know its stupid, now I just concentrate on being toned and healthy. I guess Im like this because I see my body as permanently mine other material things are not attached and can be thrown/taken away etc. Another weird thing is I went through a phase of being annoyed at my mum cause I wasn't breastfed as a baby..they say it increases long term health so to me this has hindered my health potential but I can't do anything about it and im seen as weird for going on about it so i'l shut up.

Its just one of my many quirks I guess or maybe other peple are like this but haven't tried to analyse it all like me:confused:

Btw no one knows all this they just see me as a withdrawn girl with an interest in working out, kick boxing and cats. Apart from my parents who see me as weird but yea I don't know why im like this although i care about others i guess i might be very self centered.

Friend of mine is a little gym obsessed. She just enjoyed it...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adonis)
you sound like the female version of me

except for;

the natural bit
the cats bit
the sun bit [i try to tan, it doesn't work]
Im nocturnal too
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im nocturnal too
do you spend nights watching documentaries too?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adonis)
do you spend nights watching documentaries too?
About the body and extrodinary people etc, I have done.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
About the body and extrodinary people etc, I have done.
ok i'm not that body obessed [shut up]

but i have watched body ones from time to time lol but just docs in general

like today i watched this one about rainforests, such pretty birds.

neway back on track - the only thing i will say is...

keep it as you are [health being main reason], cos like.... i wish i wasn't into bodybuilding, cos it's very draining/expensive and i wanna become something i know isn't appealing to most women
evaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it sounds great that you want to take care of your bodyhy with good nutrition and exercise. many could learn from your example.
in our western society we have a mentality of using and throwing away things, and it seems like more and more people think like that about their bodies as well, which is a shame. I think I can understand the way you think and it sounds very healthy (for both body and mind) and reasonable.
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im sort of similar.
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My honest opinion, is that it's a shame that more people aren't like this :sadnod:

Without being obsessive and forgetting other important parts of life, then this is a good frame of mind to be in, imp.

I wish I was like this... Please share your brain with me
lostintime
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
vain and bizarre
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
My honest opinion, is that it's a shame that more people aren't like this :sadnod:

Without being obsessive and forgetting other important parts of life, then this is a good frame of mind to be in, imp.

I wish I was like this... Please share your brain with me
Isn't everyone like this to an extent, not obsessive though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.69%
No - but I will (100)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (622)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise