The Monopoly TSR Alliance Watch

Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago

Okay as you know, Monopoly city streets is going to be reset at 15:00GMT today, so now is the perfect time to set up a TSR monopoly Alliance. This is where we will work together as a team, to help protect one another, help demolish our rivals, and help dominate in areas we see fit. Tips and pointers will be in the second post.

If you want in then please reply in this thread and I'll add you to the member list.

Members list (Tsr username/Monopoly username):

Gaara. - Gaara TSR
Ocelotrevs - Ocelotrevs
MikeL230 - TSRMike
~style -
Claireythepinkfairy - claireyfairy
timmo541 -
Joy Division - TSRJD
cconstant - cconstant
Phobia27 -
CombineHarvester - CombineHarvester
MaskOfSanity - MaskOfSanity
bigmo7 - bigmo
hobo06 - thehobo
Aeon Prince - Aeon
dhokes - dhokes
Robinson999 - Prob
TuckingFypo -
Rule Britannia - Dukeofdevon
afc_22 - kavz
jsoh? - jsohterry
gtmad - TSRgtmad
kflynn - flynntoff
AsystoleUK - TSRAsystole
mkel - sneaky
philip67 - TSRPhilE
Hedgeman - Hedgeman
thethinker - TSRthethinker
finbar21 - TSR finbar
RosePetal - TSRROSE
rubgish - TSRrubgish
Magnum Opus - Magnum Opus
fire2burn - fire two burn
Va_Va_ Voom
ben25 - ADFay
SuicidalLemming - thatlemming
PJ991 - TSRJOHN
kexy - kexy

*Hitlist*
If name is Red, then then its "urgent attention required"
If name is Orange, then its "moderate assistance needed"
If name is yellow, then its "minor assistance needed"

DBCFEEDA TO DBCFEEDR

*IMPORTANT* By the way, we will all be working as a team, so whatever area we do end up wanting, we must only work there till we are secure, then we can advance to other areas, but if you are caught sabotaging another alliance member, then I'll politely notify you that you are out, and then prepare to be sabotaged.

*Possible Locations*
Kansas
Orlando
London
Leicester
Gaara.
Rep:
?
Few tips and Tricks

Buying Streets
Every street that you buy should cost $1 million dollars, including this first street. If you can't find such a street, keep looking. There are lots of them all over the world in unusual places. Street cost is based on length, and has nothing to do with population density. Purchasing streets that cost anything less than $1 million is almost worthless, because of the formulas for earning money. You don't need to find a street that is near any other $1 million dollar streets; they can be countries apart.

Being Hit
If all goes well, you should collect somewhere between $1 to $2 million in rent within 24 hours, plus the additional free $1 million that everyone gets no matter what. As long as you are not being bothered by competition, repeating the above strategy to buy new streets as long as your existing streets are protected and then developing them should be an excellent way to sustain growth. If on the other hand you start getting pounded by others, you will be spending most of your time trying to recover. Unfortunately it seems that the best way of dealing with this is to simply continue buying Green Houses to get as many chance cards as you can.

Level up
Score < 5 000 -> Level 1;
5 000 < Score < 10 000 -> Level 2;
10 000 < Score < 100 000 -> Level 3;
100 000 < Score < 1 000 000 -> Level 4;
1 000 000 < Score < 10 000 000 -> Level 5;
10 000 000 < Score -> Level 6

Level 1 (Shoe)

To reach the first level, you need to create an account.

Level 2 (Iron)

To reach the second level, you will need a score of M 5,000,000.
You can buy street at more then 1,5 times of the street value

Level 3 (Wheelbarrow)

To reach the third level, you will need a score of M 10,000,000.

Level 4 (Dog)

To reach the fourth level, you will need a score of M 100,000,000.

Level 5 (Car)

To reach the fifth level, you will need a score of M 1,000,000,000.

Level 6 (Hat)

To reach the sixth level, you will probably need a score of M 10,000,000,000.

How to get chance cards
Every time a player either builds a new building or buys a new street, he has an (currently unknown) chance of acquiring a chance card.

A common method for obtaining multiple and/or specific Chance Cards is to repeatedly place lots of Green Houses (cost $50k) on an empty street, since there does not appear to be any correlation between the size of the purchase and the odds of getting a chance card. Players also commonly sell properties to the bank for half their purchase price in order to try to build more Green Houses, which increases the chances of a chance card (which includes more money, removal of a hazard or any other property, addition of a bonus building, among other things).

ALSO If a Chance Card is discarded, it will popup again on relogin or refresh.

List of chance cards
1 - "Your investment in a small social media company pays off. Collect M$ 100,000. Brilliant!"
2 - "The government has ruled that your building has not been environmentally friendly - pay out M$ %m in fines."
3 - "Your residents want more green space. Build a park."
4 - "That social entertaining is working in your favour... You're now a member of the prison board! First job, build a prison on any player's street and stop their rent. Power is just brilliant!"
5 - "The Town Planning Department has granted you a demolition permit. Remove any building or hazard from the game."
6 - "You've just won an entrepreneur of the year award. M$ 500,000 cash has been deposited into your account. Congrats!"
7 - "Oops! Your accountant has messed up. The tax man has ordered you to pay M$ %m in penalties. Perhaps time to sack that useless bean counter?"
8 - "Your residents need education. Build a school."
9 - "Build a factory on any street that does not have a Bonus building"
10 - "The Town Planning Department has granted you a demolition permit. Remove any building or hazard from the game."
11 - "The police catch another player trying to bulldoze one of your buildings. You sue for M$ 250,000. He settles out of court. More glorious cash!"
12 - "One of your buildings didn't have the correct planning permission. Pay a fine of M$ %m. And get rid of your property lawyer."
13 - "Your residents need entertaining. Build a stadium."
14 - "Time to clean this city up! And another player. Build a sewage works on any player's street and stop their rent. Seems the smell has something to do with it?"
15 - "You can get 10% OFF at HasbroToyShop.com now. Please record the code below for future use"
16 - "You catch another player trying to Bulldoze one of your buildings. You sue for M$ 250,000. He settles out of court. More glorious cash!"

Rent
In the current game each day (provided you log in) you will get 1,000,000 plus any rent you earn, so if all your streets are hazarded you'll still get the 1,000,000 to try to get back on your feet.

Build quicker
Quicker way to build - Double click on adjacent cones really really fast, build 3 at a time
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wut wut wut?
Anon the 7th
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
what?
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm intrigued Gaara, do go on. :holmes:
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want in on this.
Line me up, I'll defend the East London sector.
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Edited because asses keep sabotaging me.
Gaara.
Rep:
?
(Original post by MikeL230)
Member list? :P

Just a suggestion

EDIT: Didn't load up before

Count me in :awesome:

MikeL230 will be my username after reset
Oh yes give me your Monopoly names too please guys
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What streets are on the takedown list?
I'd suggest long streets, that are not well known.
In perhaps the outer boroughs in London.
My user name on there is ocelotrevs.
~style
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow I didn't expect you to put this much effort in. Sign me up.

I'm not sure whether to create a new account for the tsr one or not, so I'll update you with my monopoly user name tomorrow.
claireythepinkfairy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm definitely in. My monoploy username is claireyfairy.
I'm liking the idea of basing ourselves in Bristol, but I do have a slight bias :awesome:
MikeL230
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We need to find a place with loads of 1m streets, american towns and cities are best because they're in blocks.
Gaara.
Rep:
?
(Original post by MikeL230)
We need to find a place with loads of 1m streets, american towns and cities are best because they're in blocks.
Indeed, when I wake up from my sleep, I will start looking for areas with huge streets asap
MikeL230
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gaara.)
Indeed, when I wake up from my sleep, I will start looking for areas with huge streets asap
Las Vegas :awesome:
timmo541
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Count me in please, I vote for taking over Leeds though.

p.s my monopoly username is Audigier
Gaara.
Rep:
?
(Original post by timmo541)
Count me in please, I vote for taking over Leeds though.
Monopoly username??
And I will be putting up people's suggestions and then will make a poll to see which is most popular
Joy Division
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in. My username is autosuggestion. :ninja:
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Everyone should sabotage CHRISBRAMM, or whatever username he decides to use after the reset :p:
cconstant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll join. Im cconstant
cconstant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll join. Im cconstant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads