College gap year, and gcse reconsidering? woodhouse probably? Watch

4TeenK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Well this is actually my last resort to my current problem.

Basically, my prefered courses are fulled up in every single college around my area. I originally wanted to do maths, biology, chemistry and another A level. But all fulled so the adviser told me to do btec medical science which is still the best choice then choosing other a level which is not relavent to the thing i wanna do later on. So I did.

But now thinking, should i actually waste 1 or 2 years of my life doing something i dont like or do a skip year at 16 doing work experience and gcse retakes on subject i wish to improove?

My current GCSE score is 5.5- total of 12 gcse. If i improove it to 6.0 excactly and reapply to woodhouse at 17, do i still stand a chance of getting in? They accept students from 16 - 19 but im not sure if they accept gcse retakes.

I dont want to waste 1 year or 2 years of my life doing something at college i dont enjoy. Instead, should i do my work experience earlier and retaking gcse along side it then reapplying to colleges?

Because you see, i dont enjoy btec because there is a limited university in london or england that accepts it. So i need to choose the best option available.

What do you think
WindsorHL3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it is possible but you should definitely phone Woodhouse to see what they say. I think if you want to go to Woodhouse you should bump your average to atleast 6 though but they might be alright with 5.5. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads