What can I wear?! Watch

Hayley2653
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hiya I'm in deeesperate need for advice. I'm having a crisis with my wardrobe - I hate most things in it and want to throw everything out.

I'm a size 12 top 12/14 bottoms 5ft 2 with big hips/bum, average boobs.
Can anyone advise me on clothes. I love the look of skinny jeans, esp with boots but whenever i have tried them on they dont fit properly - they are a bit baggy around my knees and difficult to tuck in. Bootcut fits well but I worry they don't look good fashionwise. For some reason I just don't have an eye for fashion and as a result am quite plain because I'm scared to try stuff in case I get it wrong. Help pleeeease!

ps. I want actual advice here not peeps saying "you're probably just too fat" - not helping!
safety_pin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think it might be cool to go on a shopping trip with a really good and honest friend, just be totally fearless and try on a load of stuff you might normally be scared to try, and see what she or he says! ooh and apparently gap are quite good for well-fitting jeans, i'm sorry if that's not the case but i have heard good things about them
tea_cakes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You sound a similar shape to me, I'm a pear shape. I stay away from skinny jeans, they're just not flattering at all. I don't really like bootcut jeans, so instead I look out for straight leg and boyfriend styles. I find they fit me much better.

I wear a lot of dresses and skirts. There are so many styles out there, so you're bound to find some that flatter you. I really like floral tea dresses and floral skirts. I team these with tights, flats, a nice cardigan & nice jewellery. A waist belt to nip you in at your smallest part will be super flattering & create a lovely silhouette and curves.

I feel more comfortable in dresses & skirts, they seem to just fit my body shape better than jeans and a top.
Ala'a
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi.,
you are a bit curvyy wear sumthyng that's flattering for your figure

some dresses like :
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...gL._AA280_.jpg
http://www.clothesbigandtall.com/sit...s%20halter.jpg
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thin...=l&tid=4678745
littlemiss-sunshine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you're a similar shape/size to me, and I'd agree with tea_cakes, straight leg jeans are good
krenwick
Report 9 years ago
i have curvy hips but i always think u cant go wrong with bootleg jeans and some heels they will always flatter ur legs and make them look longer go out on a day trip shoppin wearing all the different things that flatter u an u feel comfertable in an see which guys turn their head u mite be blushing but at least u know they think u look sexy an i think whatever makes u feel sexy and look it then it probably looks fab!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.6%
No - but I will (54)
6.98%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.19%

Watched Threads