Paying off credit card online? Watch

username299161
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yesterday I tried to pay off my credit card online- I'm with lloydtsb. I thought I'd followed the instructions, but instead of paying off the card the money seems to have simply vanished out of my account and the debt remains on the card. Does it take time for it to clear on the credit card? or have I probably screwed up?
lucyhol1012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you pay it off in the bank it takes about 3 working days to clear.
So stay calm for the moment and if the debt is still there this time next week then pop into your branch

edit: I work at a bank :p:
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeh mine takes a couple of days to clear normally (with natwest)
username299161
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks that quite reassuring.
Sam656
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RockEater)
Yesterday I tried to pay off my credit card online- I'm with lloydtsb. I thought I'd followed the instructions, but instead of paying off the card the money seems to have simply vanished out of my account and the debt remains on the card. Does it take time for it to clear on the credit card? or have I probably screwed up?
Takes 2 or 3 days to clear, it will show up as paid in a few working days. I pay my cc with my debit card, money goes straight away but it takes halifax about 3days to update or "refresh" it.

Don't worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads