Birkbeck Global Politics? Help!!! Watch

Meena81
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,
is anyone out there, who studied global politics at Birkbeck University, fulltime, or part time??? I need help!!
I signed in for full time course, however my job situation changed, and I have to keep my full time job too. So is full time job and full time global politics course feasable??? Is there a lot of reading to do?
Would be great if I could speak to somebody who did the course properly.
Thanks.
Warwickbear
Report 9 years ago
the best way is to talk to course administrator, get a fulltime teaching timetable, and compare it with your working scheduel
mickeyfit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All Birkbeck classes are taught between the hours of 6pm and 9pm - most suggest you only work 20hrs per week if your taking a full time course, however, some people can handle both - just plan on giving up your weekends to reading and essay writing during the term time.
Meena81
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,
thanks a lot for your reply. that actually helps. Have you done the course yourself?
renegadebadger
Report 9 years ago
Hi Meena,

I'm in the second year of Global Politics, part-time. I have friends who studied full-time last year and I would say it takes serious dedication to study FT and work a 40-hour week. There isn't much course work but there is a lot of reading. It's not an option I would recommend. The course itself is great though, I'm really enjoying it. If you want a chat email or PM me and I can meet you in Birkbeck.
mickeyfit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Meena81)
Hi,
thanks a lot for your reply. that actually helps. Have you done the course yourself?
Was this meant for me?

I'm studying Law, but I did political science in Ireland before I moved over so I know the workload is the same. I have a full time job now, and class 3 evenings a week, so in order to be ready for those classes I need to study at the weekends just to keep on top of things. Its hard, but I've been told its worth it in the end!!! If you have any Birkbeck related queries do feel free to ask:yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (413)
37.79%
No - but I will (83)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (522)
47.76%

Watched Threads