Help please!!! Watch

Lazuliblue
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've been trying to contact the OU but I suppose because everyone is starting their courses, they are having a lot of calls, and mine isn't an urgent one.

Anyway, I've already posted this on another thread, but thought I'd try again

Can you get full financial funding (providing you meet all the other criteria e.g earn less than £15,000) if you are doing 120 points in a year?

It is just when I use the eligibility checker, and put in that I will be doing a course totalling 90 points or more, when the result comes up it says "Your fees paid up to a value of £1210 for courses of 30 points or more totalling up to 60 credit points."

Any info would be much appreciated
morecambebay
Badges: 16
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lazuliblue)
I've been trying to contact the OU but I suppose because everyone is starting their courses, they are having a lot of calls, and mine isn't an urgent one.

Anyway, I've already posted this on another thread, but thought I'd try again

Can you get full financial funding (providing you meet all the other criteria e.g earn less than £15,000) if you are doing 120 points in a year?

It is just when I use the eligibility checker, and put in that I will be doing a course totalling 90 points or more, when the result comes up it says "Your fees paid up to a value of £1210 for courses of 30 points or more totalling up to 60 credit points."

Any info would be much appreciated
yes, im doing 120 this year and havent paid a penny. The part you've put in bold i would say is a mistake because theyve just redesigned their website.

I would apply for funding and register for the courses online.....they send it all out for you to sign before anything happens anyway. You will get a short contract for each course telling you whether funding is available for it or not, if there isnt funding available then just dont sign it and you wont be registered.
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£1210 would certainly cover more than 60 points in any case, you should get full funding if you're under the threshold.
morecambebay
Badges: 16
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SunburnedCactus)
£1210 would certainly cover more than 60 points in any case, you should get full funding if you're under the threshold.
i think there are some law and accountancy 60 point courses that it doesnt quite cover.
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good point that.
Lazuliblue
Rep:
?
Thanks that will be so great if I can get full funding. I'm hoping to do pyschology so I'll get in touch with the OU when the rush has slowed down to make sure.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You might find that £1210 isn't quite enough to cover the cost of all your courses though, and have to fund a bit yourself
Lazuliblue
Rep:
?
Well, hopefully it will cover most of it. I will certainly end up with a lot less debt than I would if I went to a "brick" uni. I think the last straw came yesterday when my friend told me she's going to be in about £6000 of debt in the first year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads