I think I'm doomed... Watch

RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Basically I finished year 13 and I didn't get into university. I want to retake 5 modules to get the grades I need. These include:

Mathematics: C4(6666), M1( 6677).

Religious Studies: Judaism 1 (2768), Judaism 2 (2778).

General Studies: Making Connections (2968).

I thought I could finish the job in January, but it turns out I was wrong. Basically, I'm allowed to resit the Mathematics and the General Studies modules in January. But I can only resit Judaism 2 in June, and the Judaism 1 has been withdrawn and apparently I can no longer resit it because it's a legacy exam.

What can I do, I must sit Judaism 1 or else I am doomed.

At the moment, I have grades C, C, D, D. I need B, B, B.

If I resit C4 and M1 from Maths, and get C's in both of them, then the overall grade of Maths goes up to a B. So that's that sorted.

If I resit one exam in General Studies and get a C in it, it goes up from a D to a B overall. This is because I didn't turn up for the exam in the summer, so got 0 marks originally.

In Religious Studies I face my toughest task. At the moment my module grades are B, B, B, C, D, D, with the 2 D's being in the Judaism exams. I need to raise them to B's. So as you can see, I must resit Judaism 1.

Help me, please.
xxAFFxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Edit: sorry got the wrong unit code.
Yeah you wont be abe to sit that exam. Theres nithing you can do - last opportunity AS resits were in the summer of 2009.

Instead of taking AS exams, why dont you resit some A2 exams?
hiddencat12
Badges: 8
Report 9 years ago
good luck. im having the same problems with my resits. but I now need BCC and have CCD sort of
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Re-sit the C grade module in Religious Studies and the Judaism one, and leave the other one as it is?
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
Re-sit the C grade module in Religious Studies and the Judaism one, and leave the other one as it is?

If I were to resit that C grade and get a B in it and also resit the Judaism 2 and get a B in it, then I would have B, B, B, B, B, D.

That would most likely end up with still a C overall, unless the B's were of a fairly high percentage. I just can't see it happening. And the bad thing is I can't have a go in January, so doing it in the summer will be like a 'I only have 1 shot' thing.

I thought I could just concentrate on the Judaism, but it seems that in order to resit that C I'll have to look at Islam a bit as well now.

I just don't know if I can do it.
xxAFFxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
If I were to resit that C grade and get a B in it and also resit the Judaism 2 and get a B in it, then I would have B, B, B, B, B, D.

That would most likely end up with still a C overall, unless the B's were of a fairly high percentage. I just can't see it happening. And the bad thing is I can't have a go in January, so doing it in the summer will be like a 'I only have 1 shot' thing.

I thought I could just concentrate on the Judaism, but it seems that in order to resit that C I'll have to look at Islam a bit as well now.

http://www.modernisationonline.org.uk/comptimetable/

Check that website out for all the A2 exams you can resit in either jan or june.
Im sorry but AS exams are long gone now - i know how you feel becuase im in a similar situation but are choices are to either resit A2 exams or walk away with the grades you already have.
Hope all works out for you
Aout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)

If the modules are evenly spread, having the minimum UMS for BBBBBD should be 400 I think, which means you only need to pick up about 20 extra UMS points over all of them- if you have 73 or 74 (or 53/54 in the judaism one you've done already) in each module, that should get you up to just about a B. How many extra UMS do you have over the thresholds in the modules you're not resitting?

Plus, with only 5 modules to sit over a year, then you should be able to focus more on the modules you're doing, and as you already have a grasp on them, it should be easier to go over them, and do slightly better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads