The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Very well done
Reply 61
Medium or medium-well depending on context.
Medium.

I don't understand this elitism that comes from people who like their steak rare. So you look your beef cooked a little less than we do....
Reply 63
Its much tastier cooked rare :smile: If it were to be cooked to top restaurant standards id have it med-rare so still very pink in the middle and a little blood but not lots. I just think it taste alot better the rarer it is and texture is lovely the softer it is too
Reply 64
Prefer it medium, but usally ask for well done when i'm out - just so I know it's not going to start mooing at me on my plate..
Reply 65
Of course it has to be medium rare. I can taste it better when there's just a little core of blood in the meat.
Reply 66
py0alb
Surely it depends on the steak? Some are intended to be eated rare, some are better medium-well...

No, they aren't. You may prefer it, but any cut of Beef fit to be called steak is not better cooked medium-well.
Reply 67
Someone in the restaurant where I work told me today he didn't want his "very well-done" steak with a sauce incase he "ruined it".

Obviously its personal preference but I can't understand those who like it well done. I like mine rare.
Reply 68
I prefer it bleu but most places wont serve it this way for some reason? So, I have to have it rare a lot of the time. :frown:

Latest