Best Broadband package? Watch

SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all,

I'm moving into a new place at the weekend and need to get some internet sorted. Can anybody recommend me good value/reliable providers please? :o:

Any help much appreciated,
SuperSam_Fantastiche
andysmith25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm going with O2, seems like a decent choice, especially if you have a phone contract with them.
JohnnytheFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As Andysmith25 said, O2 are reliable and if you have a contract phone or Pay as you Go phone that you top-up regularly, their broadband is really cheap too.

Whatever you decide, stay clear of Virgin Media - they are the satan of broadband companies.
DeeDub
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BE there have a one month rolling contract which can be handy if you only need it for 9 months or so.
spikeeleon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
02 broadband FTW
JXPES
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yup O2 is the best option out there. You get a discount if you're an O2 customer. If you are not on an O2 contract, see if any family members are on one or use a PAYG O2 sim. The sim must have a minimum of a £10 topup every 3 months in order to recieve the discount
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeh I am with O2, just got connected on the basic £7/month package (but the first three months are free) and it is actually supplying the advertised 8Mb/sec and is perfect for what I need, plus, no nasty download limits! Sorted.

Oh and you get a O2 email which can be forwarded to your phone at no extra cost.

O2 is awesome.
Hawiz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Didn't know O2 had no fair usage policy, might have to change over to them. Been with Virgin for 3 years or so, they're alright - I get advertised speeds (20Mb/s), but there have been quite a few area problems. The fair-usage policy is very annoying, they throttle your speed down by about 60% if you go over a certain limit and it lasts until late into the night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads