Fresher's week Pass. Watch

Interleasing
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Worth buying one from the student union site or wait till i actually get to coventry and see whats going on?
Char56
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Interleasing)
Worth buying one from the student union site or wait till i actually get to coventry and see whats going on?
I'm going to wait until I get up there...the pass doesn't include everything like the freshers ball etc...and i dont plan on going to everything on offer, I might end up doing other things like hanging out with my flatmates in the flat or going out for a meal
Kortnie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends if you wanna save money, if your planning on going out a lot during freshers week then the pass saves you quite a bit instead of paying entry fees everywhere.. But if you have other plans/ don't think you'll be going out too much it is probably cheaper to just leave it and see what takes your fancy when you're there
Tam_Diman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Char56)
I'm going to wait until I get up there...the pass doesn't include everything like the freshers ball etc...and i dont plan on going to everything on offer, I might end up doing other things like hanging out with my flatmates in the flat or going out for a meal
It includes the Official Ball, but not the Coventry/Warwick one...
rosie234
Report 9 years ago
ive got mine already because even if i dont go to everything its still going to save me money because of the freshers ball.
theyre selling out though so id hurry if i were you
rixlai
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rosie234)
ive got mine already because even if i dont go to everything its still going to save me money because of the freshers ball.
theyre selling out though so id hurry if i were you
OMG EVERYONE STOP ADVERTISING XD:p:
K1W1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahh I didn't know whether to buy it or not but I think I'm just going to get it to save some hassle.

Although when you have to create an account to get one, I did the student one put in Uni halls because thats where ill be when im there and all that jazz, but then it got to the email part, and it only had the option of @coventry.ac.uk or whatever it was.

I did the enroll thing (minus the tuition fee part because of student finance being stupidly slow) and I set up my email, but the thing is.. I forgot my student email and I can't find anywhere to find out what it is... I did the option to forward emails to the one I use the most (hotmail) but I can't use that for getting my freshers pass, so does anyone know where I can find out what my coventry email was again?
rixlai
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by K1W1)
Ahh I didn't know whether to buy it or not but I think I'm just going to get it to save some hassle.

Although when you have to create an account to get one, I did the student one put in Uni halls because thats where ill be when im there and all that jazz, but then it got to the email part, and it only had the option of @coventry.ac.uk or whatever it was.

I did the enroll thing (minus the tuition fee part because of student finance being stupidly slow) and I set up my email, but the thing is.. I forgot my student email and I can't find anywhere to find out what it is... I did the option to forward emails to the one I use the most (hotmail) but I can't use that for getting my freshers pass, so does anyone know where I can find out what my coventry email was again?
not sure how XD, but create a guest account on the site instead
K1W1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahh yeah just done that and it's all ordered now

Didn't realise you could book the pass as a guest :P
Tam_Diman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by K1W1)

(last name)(first initial)@uni.coventry.ac.uk

That's what my one is, anyway...
K1W1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aha, that is it!

Thank you
gtg307
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by K1W1)

the new student email via wemail outlook.

here is the link: mail.live.com , followed by your username and password. its a web based email and gives you access where ever you are. hope this helps
rosie234
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rixlai)
OMG EVERYONE STOP ADVERTISING XD:p:

i wasnt advertising, i was being helpful
CJBerri
Report 9 years ago
Is the pass worth it? I might buy one but the savings don't seem to be that huge unless you somehow manage to attend every event.
Bilkos_Ices
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CJBerri)
Is the pass worth it? I might buy one but the savings don't seem to be that huge unless you somehow manage to attend every event.
Thats what I thought and I came to the conclusion I probably wouldn't go to all the events therefore it'd be cheaper to pay on the door. I'm sure I wont be the only person doing this.
jamiemac2005
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, if you look at the events list, two of which i can say i definately won't be going to, the average door-price adds up to about £30, i can also say that some nights i'm not gonna wanna go out because of a major hangover so buying the pass beforehand for the sake of £5 i may or may not spend just doesn't seem clever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads