Getting a Part Time Job Watch

m_b
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I need to try to find a part time job (preferably retail) whilst at university. .. something like 16 hours a week

I know it's supposed to be v.hard to get a job at the moment .. so I just wondered if anyone knows anywhere currently hiring?

Thanks!
xxNicoxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cardiff has a new shopping centre opening- st davids 2.
Try www.stdavids2.com and have a look in the jobs section.
I there's a huge john lewis opening in there so you can try them directly and see if they have any jobs.
I know h&m were looking for some people as well but I think they might have accepted all the applications now.
CatatonicStupor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
M&S are hiring Christmas temps. I got rejected last night for not having the talents they wanted. Lush. So just shop around (aha bad pun) and someone is bound to be taking on for christmas at least.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And there's always the Student Union's "JobShop"; although they can be a bit naff and disorganised (also, you require a passport or birth certificate to register with them), they do guarantee minimum wage for every job you get through them.
James54
Report 9 years ago
Have you guys heard of JobOasis? Seems to be only launched in Cardiff but quite a good idea I thought, I have applied for a few jobs through there.
xgoldxdiggax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lot of places will be looking for christmas staff at the moment and there's always the chance that they'll take you permanently after the christmas period!

I think it's just a case of going around and handing in your CV everywhere! Although, there will be a few places where you can apply online! I did this last week and i've got two interviews lined up so fingers crossed!

Good luck!
Maloney
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tesco Extra which hoardes cardiff uni students. and xmas is comming too so you may have some luck.
nick2345
Report 9 years ago
Have a look at Gumtree.co.uk or JobOasis.co.uk for jobs in Cardiff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (509)
37.76%
No - but I will (103)
7.64%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.77%

Watched Threads