Mum found a receipt for condoms and lube... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I left for uni a few days ago. My mum's just phoned me and said that she found a receipt in my room for condoms and lube. I'm so embarrassed and I don't know what to do. I'm 22 but my mum's very strict. She was saying that I shouldn't be sleeping with anyone because all the bfs I've had so far have been complete losers and that I was making myself dirty and that no decent guy would ever take me seriously. Also, my sister let it slip that I've been thinking of dying my hair blonde ( I haven't yet) and my mum said that with the hair and the whole condoms thing combined then I was acting like a complete slapper. I don't agree with everything she says. I think if people are happy with what they're doing then it's their business but I'm sad that I've made my mother disappointed. What should I do?
TSK08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

your 22 - being safe..... i think your mums far too strict!!!!!

your livingaway - mabey shes just worrying?
oh_eight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You could talk to her. She should be content with the fact that you've actually went and bought condoms, there's people who don't. And if you're 22 then she should realise that you're old enough to make your own decisions. Good luck.
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm with your mum on this one. I'll be damned if my children have safe sex.
Satan's Whiskers
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I left for uni a few days ago. My mum's just phoned me and said that she found a receipt in my room for condoms and lube. I'm so embarrassed and I don't know what to do. I'm 22 but my mum's very strict. She was saying that I shouldn't be sleeping with anyone because all the bfs I've had so far have been complete losers and that I was making myself dirty and that no decent guy would ever take me seriously. Also, my sister let it slip that I've been thinking of dying my hair blonde ( I haven't yet) and my mum said that with the hair and the whole condoms thing combined then I was acting like a complete slapper. I don't agree with everything she says. I think if people are happy with what they're doing then it's their business but I'm sad that I've made my mother disappointed. What should I do?
She should be glad you're having safe sex
Nah, seriously - you're 22! Your mother shouldn't dictate what you can and cannot do re: relationships. I'm sure she'll calm down soon.
Anonymous #1
I think it's the fact I bought lube as well as condoms, she seems to think I'm getting up to freaky sex on one night stands. I've only actually slept with three guys but she won't believe me.
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Keep a log book of all the guys you have slept with, then give it to your mum for a Christmas present.
lm_wfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why did you keep the receipt? You can hardly return them used if you weren't satisfied?
diplomatieth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tell your mum to get lost. It's your vagina, you can do what you want with it.
wadewadewade
Report 9 years ago
"At least I'm safe sexually, and keep strict financial records"
Deanna19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha I had a condom fall out of my handbag right in front of my mum.

I tried to convince her it was an optical illusion, didn't go down well.
Anonymous #1
I was so dumb to keep the receipt, I've had some experiences where I haven't kept receipts for stuff I needed to return so I've got into the habit of keeping receipts from everything, I just put them in my box, I never stop to think about what the receipts are for
be-lie-ve
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diplomatieth)
Tell your mum to get lost. It's your vagina, you can do what you want with it.
This. =)
princess_racho
Report 9 years ago
haha thats quite funny :P
my mum found a condom in my bag once and went rageinggg.
I tried to convince her that it was from a pal as a joke.
I think she was mad mainly coz i am not in a relationship.
oh_eight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was so dumb to keep the receipt, I've had some experiences where I haven't kept receipts for stuff I needed to return so I've got into the habit of keeping receipts from everything, I just put them in my box, I never stop to think about what the receipts are for
I think I'd be more annoyed that she went snooping, if that's the case? What was she looking in the box for anyway? I'd hit the roof, personally.
Mwoah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tell her it was a birthday present for her and now she's gone and ruined the surprise for herself. Say I hope you're proud of yourself.

But seriously I think your Mum just finds it weird and doesn't really like the idea of you having sex and hasn't yet realised how stupid she is. Similar feeling to finding your Mum's dildo.
Anonymous #1
I pretty much did say that I can do what I want at my age and I believe it too. The problem is that I know she's gonna be so horrid to me about it forever. One time I said I wanted an iguana and she (this actually is a direct quote) said: 'Oh my god you're going to be a lesbian hell's angel' I asked her why wanting an iguana meant this and she said that only that kind of person would want a lizard. She's so unreasonable. The lizard thing was a year ago and she still drags it up in quarrels.
screwyouguysimgoinghome
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you're probably trolling on the basis that I think 99.9% of parents that found such a receipt wouldn't call their child to 'let them know' since it would clearly cause a great deal of embarassment.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by screwyouguysimgoinghome)
I think you're probably trolling on the basis that I think 99.9% of parents that found such a receipt wouldn't call their child to 'let them know' since it would clearly cause a great deal of embarassment.
Well she honestly did. I think she wanted to embarrass me. She probably hopes that by making me feel embarrassed then she can make me stop having sex.
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think if people are happy with what they're doing then it's their business but I'm sad that I've made my mother disappointed. What should I do?
exactly! you are 22 and it's time for your mum to let you go! You are old enough to make your own decisions. You shouldn't feel down because some mums are jsut like that - always worried and stuff. just let go :yep: :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads