After foundation Watch

sayward22
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Does having done foundation usually guarantee that you can continue to, say, graphic design? I find it kind of weird that you would have only had foundation for half a year and then already have to apply for the next year, when you haven actually done that much.
Aiko
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nothing is guaranteed, but the foundation does generally increase your chances of acceptance, and certain undergraduate graphic design courses require that an applicant has undergone one before applying.

Regarding the time, generally the foundation is one full academic year. During this period, you will have the opportunity to build upon your knowledge of art and design practice and to ultimately develop a directional portfolio for undergraduate entry. Inevitably, when you apply will vary depending on where you've undertaken your foundation course, but generally people apply from as early as September up until March the following year. By this point, despite not finishing your foundation course completely, you would have hopefully gained a reasonable understanding of your chosen subject.
sayward22
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok thanks for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads