Rushed relationships do they last? Watch

maggluff
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Especially if they got together while already in relationships... Worried my friend has gone way too serious too soon.... got engaged moved in and looking to get married within 4 months even talk of babies
Trishyy
Report 9 years ago
-sigh-

some do, some don't.

Just be supportive to your mate but offer realistic advice too. (I said offer, not shove in face).
seleneybob
Report 9 years ago
This is what is happening to my friend, but its been less then 4 months, more like 2, They have moved in together, got engaged, and are talking about babies. At the end of the day its HER life and HER mistakes to make. All i can do as a friend is be there though the good and bad.
emanuel_arsenalfc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
honestly..not really but i guess thats why at the wedding you can say if you do not want them to get married..
safety_pin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
in my experience relationships like these can turn sour...my ex was very much like this (we didn't move in or anything but he was very full-on and always talking about marriage and stuff) and he turned out to be a complete psycho! moving in together and all that...i dunno, it can often to be to do with control and jealousy...at this age i'd say it's not healthy
maggluff
well hes 25 shes just hit 24... they were looking into buying a house after a month but thank god just renting at mo....
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
Yes, if you have wonderful sex.
Eneru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I knew my ex 3-4 days before we went out and we lasted almost 2 years so yeah it can work. But marriage? unlikely.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My husband and I got engaged 3 months after we started dating, and that worked out fine.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Moving in with somebody after 4 months is pretty dumb, and is a mistake in most cases. Getting engaged is after 4 months is pretty ridiculous. But then, I guess that's why 50% of marriages end in divorce. There are a lot of idiots out there.
maggluff
i did try and say slow down didnt want to know.. but was going to get married this july only the girl was talked out of it but part from that v serious been on two hols already only been dating 8 months
maggluff
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
My husband and I got engaged 3 months after we started dating, and that worked out fine.
yes but how long did u wait to get married?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by maggluff)
yes but how long did u wait to get married?
a while admittedly. 3 and a half years after we got engaged.
maggluff
yeah hes virtually cut off contact with alot of his mates too a little unhealthy if u ask me
mickeyfit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
honestly..not really but i guess thats why at the wedding you can say if you do not want them to get married..
You can only object if you know of a legal reason why they can't get married - like if one of them is already married. Your not invited to object purely coz you don't like the fact they are getting married
Aldebaran
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't they say that the initial infatuation wears off after 18 months and you shouldn't commit to anything irreversible before that, just in case you don't like each other after the first rush of love.
makaveli90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I don't care.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads