?
Report 9 years ago
No.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is the second person to ask this this week... Very odd... The answer's no though. It's a medicine test, not a general biology one, and the bio department still just about manage to interview everyone who's not an international or a clear no hope.
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by logic123)
Or natural sciences
:facepalm2: Are you sure you're applying to Oxford? This information can, of course, be found very intuitively on the Oxford website (e.g. here for biology).
martin101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for oxford you only need the BMAT for A100 (medicine) or B100 (physiological sciences)
logic123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
what kindsof questions do they ask at interview, because my personal statement is all in neuroscience cause im applying for neuroscience, but id like to apply for biological science at oxford what do you guys think, will a neuroscience personal statement affect this
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by logic123)
what kindsof questions do they ask at interview, because my personal statement is all in neuroscience cause im applying for neuroscience, but id like to apply for biological science at oxford what do you guys think, will a neuroscience personal statement affect this
No. I mean presumably there's at least a linking sort of "I like biology. I especially like neuroscience." But regardless of that, essentially the questions (or at least the start points) are set and the interview is designed to test your aptitude to study biology. They'll probably give you one data handling problem and one prop-based problem e.g. what is this? What kind of plant do you think it comes from? What can you tell me about the plant?
Or
How would you figure out whether these two feathers came from the same species of bird?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads