Harvard Watch

JosephineK
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Good or bad to mention that my goal is to study international law at Harvard (master) after having finished my undergraduate studies in the UK? Maybe I shouldn't mention another university, but who woudn't wanna go to Harvard? It's the most prestigious university in the world after all. In one way it shows good ambition and motivation.
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 9 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't mention it.
musabjilani
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think universities would like to be seen as stepping stones towards better universities. It would be risky mentioning it.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definitely don't mention this. Did you seriously think this would be a good idea?
JosephineK
Well, I listen to your advice. Do you think it's stupid to write that my goal is to be an Advocate General in the European Court of Justice? Right now I'm felling a bit frightened about writing something stupid without understanding it.
Kinsula
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm... if you don't understand it, learn a bit about it before you write it
illy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the only thing worse would be applying to Cambs and stating that you want to study the course because you want to do a postgrad at Oxford.
Blátönn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JosephineK)
Good or bad to mention that my goal is to study international law at Harvard (master) after having finished my undergraduate studies in the UK? Maybe I shouldn't mention another university, but who woudn't wanna go to Harvard? It's the most prestigious university in the world after all. In one way it shows good ambition and motivation.
I wouldn't want to.

Also, actually carrying out what you're contemplating doing would be application suicide.
DJkG.1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by illy123)
I think the only thing worse would be applying to Cambs and stating that you want to study the course because you want to do a postgrad at Oxford.
:rofl: (*Imagines the look on the Cambridge fellow's face*)!

Yeah, it's not worth mentioning OP, unless you desperately want to for some strange reason.
illy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DJkG.1)
:rofl: (*Imagines the look on the Cambridge fellow's face*)!

Yeah, it's not worth mentioning OP, unless you desperately want to for some strange reason.
During my Cambridge interview the guy asked me what my interests were as an ice-breaker, I said rowing, and how I hope to row for Oxford. I don't think he liked the joke; it didn't hurt the interview though.
xSkyFire
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JosephineK)
No, it shows you're rich :p:
Either way if you want to, then go for it. Personally I prefer Cambridge over Harvard but that's my opinion lol, probably because most people at Cambridge aren't ultra rich :rolleyes:
Lucible
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd see this as a definite NO. But hey, its your application. I think it creates the wrong impression.
JosephineK
(Original post by illy123)
Oops, that is what I wrote in the first place..
No, I'm just kidding. But probably it's best not to mention it, just to be on the safe side
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.35%
No - but I will (77)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.02%

Watched Threads