What's ASOS sizing like? Do they run too big or too small? Watch

Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've never ordered from asos.com before because I don't like having to return things. But they have soo much I love, I just have to try! But I've no idea what their sizing is like for their own things (I can't afford other brands on there). I'm usually a 6 in DP, 8 in most stores, and 10 in a few. So i've no idea what size to order! Do they come up big/small?

I know there have been a few threads on this, but couldn't find an answer. :o:

[Edit] Oh, one thing I want is Rare, and another Firetrap.. hmmm.
Last edited by Professor Oak; 1 month ago
Professor Oak
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Best to check the official Asos sizing guide

Also btw you can get student discount for ASOS without Unidays here: https://www.asos.com/discover/students/asos-on-campus/student-validation/
Meltdown30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's a size guide with measurements that was accurate when I ordered.

DP's sizing is really big so I'd go for an 8 on ASOS. I'm usually an 8 and the size 8 dress I ordred was fine. I ordered their own brand though so I don't know about Rare and Firetrap.
lostphotobooth
Badges: 11
Report 9 years ago
Returns on ASOS are now free...

And I find ASOS comes up a little small. I'm a size 8/10 in most high street stores but find I am a 10/12 in ASOS.
mipegg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Returns are now free, join their facebook page. Theres offers and stuff they pop up... only EVER for girls though
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice. Great about the free returns, and I managed to spend over £100 so I got free next day delivery.

Went for the 8 in the end, as the first two posts seemed to contradict each other :p: Will see tomorrow if they fit.
Meltdown30 - I know what you mean about DP, it's ridiculous. I went for a style advisor appointment, and tried on a shirt - she said I could do with a smaller size, I was already in the 6! =|
chan89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've always found ASOS sizing to be pretty big (although I've only bought tops from there)...I usually buy a size 10 to be safe (big boob issues) and the top and cardigan I got were MASSIVE! The 8s fit perfectly, so I guess it depends what it is lol!
PirateFlag
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm a size 8 and i always get a size 6 when i order anything frm ASOS.
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're over 5'9 excercise some caution with the dress and trouser lengths...I find they're way too short on me a lot of the time. I'm 5'11 and anything under 34in long dress wise is off limits, and I wear a 34 or 36 trouser which is nigh on impossible to find there.

Other than that I find their sizing fairly average. Only time i've ever had to return was when I got a dress and it was too tight across my shoulders (but I am fairly broad).

Rare = VERY short though. Those puffy satin cup thingys one of the Saturdays wore in their first video was actually designed to be worn as a top...
*CottonCandy*
Badges: 5
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lostphotobooth)
Returns on ASOS are now free...

And I find ASOS comes up a little small. I'm a size 8/10 in most high street stores but find I am a 10/12 in ASOS.
how do you get free returns? i had to pay for mine just the other week
Heir-Head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *CottonCandy*)
how do you get free returns? i had to pay for mine just the other week
You have to pay the £2.95 for the courier to pick it up, then Asos refund you. I'm not sure why they do it that way though.
*CottonCandy*
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Heir-Head)
You have to pay the £2.95 for the courier to pick it up, then Asos refund you. I'm not sure why they do it that way though.
do they? i didnt get a courier, posted through royal mail.and never got refunded..been buying from asos for years and this has never happened
Meltdown30
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *CottonCandy*)
do they? i didnt get a courier, posted through royal mail.and never got refunded..been buying from asos for years and this has never happened
The free returns only just started this week or the end of last week.
La Esmerelda
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're an 8 get an 8. My friend who's usually a 10 ordered a size 8 top that was too small for her so she gave it to me instead. Then again I only have one top from there!
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
Well my order arrived, i'm actually sending it all back. Even though I ordered a size 8, Rare was too small, ASOS things were too big, and one thing wasn't even what I ordered. :rolleyes:
*CottonCandy*
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zebrastripes)
Well my order arrived, i'm actually sending it all back. Even though I ordered a size 8, Rare was too small, ASOS things were too big, and one thing wasn't even what I ordered. :rolleyes:
I hate it when that happens! i got a pair of white skinny jeans (Size12) and they fit fine..perfect, so i ordered another pair of jeans i liked also size 12 but they were just like little bit too tight.

Ive been ordering offa asos for years, and most the time the stuff goes back. there petite leg lenth is perfect though!
tinywings
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm an 8 and usually get a 6 on ASOS. Depends on the item of clothing though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.77%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (634)
47.71%

Watched Threads