Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many of you have been predicted rubbish grades but actually get a grade or 2 more in the real exams?? Reasons??

Im at times lazy and lose interest in many subjects but still manage to get the top grades! Anybody out there who could explain, if they feel the same way, why it so!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S. Tham)
    How many of you have been predicted rubbish grades but actually get a grade or 2 more in the real exams?? Reasons??

Im at times lazy and lose interest in many subjects but still manage to get the top grades! Anybody out there who could explain, if they feel the same way, why it so!?
    I havnt got my results yet or finished my exams yet so I cant really help you, sorry! Let me know Augest 25th!! Some people on here have done GCSEs early, they might be able to help you out, although I think that predicted grades are highly unreliable and most people outperform them in real exams.

ReputationRep:
    all of my friends underachieved! in two subjects i surpassed predictions, in in 6 i underachieved. that was all by one grade except biology i went down two grades to a B. But i was expecting a D from how badly the exam went.
    Seriously i was second-guessing what i could get, i thought i was guantanteed 4 A*, in certain subjects, i got 2 completely different ones. It's impossible to predict.

ReputationRep:
    I got pretty poor predicted grades, but I'm almost certain that I've improved my grade for at least a couple of my subjects.

I don't think I tried hard enough in year 11 with things like homework and general school work which is why I've got such bad predicted grades, whereas I've been trying hard to revise for my exams.

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeh i'm same as Joe, but i did my RE in y10, but that isnt relevant coz i was predicted A* and i got it, lol

ReputationRep:
    predictions r ****. they predicted me an A in maths, although i got an A* in my cwk and mocks. How **** is this?Same with geo. In ICT they predicted me BB, whereas I got an A*A* only in my cwk which counts as 60-65% of the overall exam. Real exams seem much easier after improving analytical skills since mocks.ppl usually get much better grades than their predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    In history, I got 50/50 for the total of the 2 courseworks and my teacher still predicted me an A. I guess that's what she thought I'd get easily without much effort and revision though I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I did slightly better than my predicted grades, but in all subjects except French and media studies, they were correct. I was predicted 7 As, 2 Bs and 1 C and I got 1 A*, 6 As and 3 Bs. I was predicted a C in media studies and got a B, but considering I got an E in the mock, I thought my predicted grade was pretty generous! For French I was predicted an A and got an A*, but that's just because my school is really reluctant to predict anyone A*s.

ReputationRep:
    predicted 1A*/A, 9A's, 2B's.

i got 6A*'s, 5A's, 1B!

The teachers would just predict lower grades because they didnt want thier necks on the line if alot of us didnt get the grades, and also they didnt think i would get any A*'s.

Ah well, i showed em! Got the highest in my school too!

ReputationRep:
    omgmgmgmgmmggmgmmgmg.
    YAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilara)
    omgmgmgmgmmggmgmmgmg.
    YAY
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    6 A*'s.
    =o=o=o.
    *chews gum*

ReputationRep:
    I Wish I Could Get Smt Like That Lol....but Clearly Isnt Happenin

ReputationRep:
    don't worry. just dance.

ReputationRep:
    dancing is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ReputationRep:
    gay.

ReputationRep:
    gay dilaria damn skippy hippy

ReputationRep:
    i want a good few A*s... at least 6/7 would be nice :eek:

ReputationRep:
    We don't get predictions because the school thinks we won't work if we think we'll get a certain grade. I did RS last year and got a low B in my mock because I didn't revise and fell asleep in the exam. I got an A* in the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    yay.
    see you DO havea future.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.