And for those of u who dont kno bout the new specimen
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...HY6_Jan_05.pdf

Happy revisin

ReputationRep:
    thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    thank you.
    no probs, i figure the phy6 paper will be very similar so everyone should look at this paper very well in my opinion :deal:

ReputationRep:
    Best way to get high marks is learn the core phy6 stuff [particle accelerators e.t.c] = 50% of the paper, i always find the phy1-phy5 stuff in there harder, if you can get like 50% of the phy1-py5 stuff in that paper, that's 75% overall => A Grade

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the U6 stuff just on question 2, worth 16 marks. And the main question 1, is worth 32 marks. But this could be on anything, non syallabus based.

ReputationRep:
    question 1 is on phy6 stuff = 50%, question 2 and 3 are worth 50% [around 25/5 each usually].

ReputationRep:
    btw, what i mean by phy6 stuff in combination of easy phy1-phy5 material. Question 2/3 are usually harder phy-phy5 material and maybe some easy phy6 material.

ReputationRep:
    all i kno is if i want an A overal i need a high mark in phy6 :eek:
    just do as much practice as poss, with phy you can learn a revision book very well but still do badly in the exam, its not like other subjects like chem where u just learn facts and accept them and download yr knowledge in yr exam on to the paper ( im a physics boy to all the chemists out there :p: anti chem )

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.