This discussion is closed.
.X.alysha.X.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi when I applied to SF in May I used my normal Barclays Bank details for the money to be paid in. However, since finding out I got into uni I opened a student account with Natwest. I got a letter through the post last week saying I will recieve my card shortly in another letter. Now, I know you can easily change you bank details online, but as we all know with SF nothing ever runs smoothly and I'm just thinking if I'm likely to get my card through next week, and my payments are due on October the 3rd, will this be enough time for them to realise I have changed my bank details?...this may sound silly a question but SF have messed me around so many times and I know what they are like.

Also, quick question....if I got a letter through at the start of last week saying I will get my card shortly, so shouldn't my card be here by now? How long did people with Natwest student accounts have to wait to recieve their cards?

Thanks in advance.
icapturethecastle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
Hi when I applied to SF in May I used my normal Barclays Bank details for the money to be paid in. However, since finding out I got into uni I opened a student account with Natwest. I got a letter through the post last week saying I will recieve my card shortly in another letter. Now, I know you can easily change you bank details online, but as we all know with SF nothing ever runs smoothly and I'm just thinking if I'm likely to get my card through next week, and my payments are due on October the 3rd, will this be enough time for them to realise I have changed my bank details?...this may sound silly a question but SF have messed me around so many times and I know what they are like.

Also, quick question....if I got a letter through at the start of last week saying I will get my card shortly, so shouldn't my card be here by now? How long did people with Natwest student accounts have to wait to recieve their cards?

Thanks in advance.
That should be enough time... I had to fill out a change of details form called a CO1 (available on the direct.gov website) and I sent it off about a week ago and I received a letter today confirming my new details, but it was updated on my online account 4 days earlier
piratebuzz
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
is your area affected by the postage strike? my card came through really quickly
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I changed my details online then about 2 weeks later I got another letter from SLC with my new details
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just update your bank details on your online account
.X.alysha.X.
Rep:
?
(Original post by icapturethecastle)
That should be enough time... I had to fill out a change of details form called a CO1 (available on the direct.gov website) and I sent it off about a week ago and I received a letter today confirming my new details, but it was updated on my online account 4 days earlier
oh right, yeah I just thought you could change it online without needing a CO1 form
I'm_Unsafe.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I only got my Natwest card through today having got that letter on the 8th september and it was the last thing to be sent (already had chequebook, numerous letters, activation code etc). So I wouldn't worry, it'll arrive soon.

I would say, don't change your bank details. We all know how slow and messed up Student Finance is, so many people haven't even got their loans sorted yet. I'm keeping the account I gave SF for my loan and fees and the student account for day to day living.
.X.alysha.X.
Rep:
?
(Original post by piratebuzz)
is your area affected by the postage strike? my card came through really quickly
no, and I have got all my other post on time, I'll give them a ring
icapturethecastle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
oh right, yeah I just thought you could change it online without needing a CO1 form
maybe you can, but when I phoned them up they told me to send it to them in writing using the CO1 form... guess that's student finance for you :p:
Kasphlam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was going to go to Natwest now to open one up, but the card takes ten days to arrive? I move away in nine. :p: Is this true?
Just_Turner
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do you change the details online, I've tried but I can't see how you change them?
Exilis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a new card from the bank im currently with for changing my current account to a student account, so I have the same account number and sort code but the long numbers changed, should I contact SF or not?
digitaljunki3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With bank details it's usually recommended to update them 4 working days before scheduled payment. SF only use your sort code and account number so if they are still the same you don't need to change it. You can make changes to bank details by writing, online and by phoning (online and phoning would be the most secure way). Regardless of what way you update them you have to confirm your old sort code, account number and bank name.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?