Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking the Food Science exam? How are you learning/revising for it?

We were given some white text books and a bunch of exam questions with answers, the book isn't great, any other revision resources?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunGod87)

We were given some white text books and a bunch of exam questions with answers, the book isn't great, any other revision resources?
    ye try the nuffield website.

http://www.chemistry-react.org/go/de.../Topic_92.html

heres the link

ReputationRep:
    yeah the book is really lame, but theres some biochem papers on the nuffield site (as above) but its supposed to be easy paper and im told it isnt unsusual for students to get 100% on it. Its all recalling facts and if you do biology (like me) then you have an extra advantage.

ReputationRep:
    im doin the biology special study and i can understand it fine, its just rememberin the whole booklet, im guna do rubbish. i dont understand why a lot of exams are all about how much you can remember, in a real academic job, you would just look in a book for a some sorta name/formula you couldnt remember, they should test your understanding more instead. maybe im just sayin that because i cant remember anything! Im looking forward to the synoptic because we get the text book.

ReputationRep:
    im so worried about the food science paper! i spent one day last week writing notes on the book but haven't managed to learn them yet! its so dull I don't know how i'm going 2 remember it... I also feel should be focusing on revising for the unit 4 as its worth so much more overall. i think food science is only worth 7.5% or something? still i need all extra points I can get as i will actually fail the synoptic - oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    lol i nabed the teacher booklet for food science, actually quite useful, (tells u wot u need to know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunGod87)

with the food scince bit we watch a cd of all the expts as we didnt have time to do it in reality and i can hardly remember any of the experimnts, which ones do we need to know

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.