Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no, i just found it annoying! not really a lot can be done really, im just unfortunate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    no, i just found it annoying! not really a lot can be done really, im just unfortunate
    But you can complain, i mean, i wouldnt personally complain if i happened in any other exam, but a french listening exam! where you need to pay total attention at all times.

ReputationRep:
    although true, i go to a stupid private-type school (u have to do an 11-plus where i live and if u pass u go there free, but it is mostly paid people who go there..anyhoo) and there are only like 30 teachers in the whole school who all know me, and if i complained they would all hate me (as my school has like a 'perfect' repritation(cant spell it but im sure u understand what im trying to say) which they dont want to ruin) and i have to put up with them for 2 more years, which i couldnt deal with

ReputationRep:
    All our invigilators are teachers, but they all complain about how boring invigilating is, so they made up a game where they get together and say quietly "go stand behind the ugliest person in the room (for example) and then they all go and briefly stop behind that person. But they do it lots of times with different things like "most likely to get pregnant next year" or "most likely to fail" ect.
    Pretty evil game IMO!!
    It makes me really touchy whenever a teacher stops beside me!

ReputationRep:
    that is really evil!

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when two of them decide they need to tell the other something, and they stand right by your desk talking in a loud whisper! You just want them to shut up!!!

ReputationRep:
    I also hate it when ur at the front tof the hall and one shows a certain question on the paper to another invigilator, and you can see what they are showing them so you feel a need to look at that question yourself incase it's anything interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    All our invigilators are teachers, but they all complain about how boring invigilating is, so they made up a game where they get together and say quietly "go stand behind the ugliest person in the room (for example) and then they all go and briefly stop behind that person. But they do it lots of times with different things like "most likely to get pregnant next year" or "most likely to fail" ect.
    Pretty evil game IMO!!
    It makes me really touchy whenever a teacher stops beside me!
    If they stood behind me it'd be "go stand behind the most good looking male in the room" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    If they stood behind me it'd be "go stand behind the most good looking male in the room" :p:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The clonk of their heels is distracting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    :rolleyes:
    lol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langleyster)
    The clonk of their heels is distracting!
    I know, i shift the women evil looks when they walk up and down with those damn things, any noise in exams make me angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co co)
    the ones at my school are so ****ing ugly! im like wtf?! how can someone be so ugly!!!!
    Nice. Be glad you don't have very attractive ones, last year during GCSE's there was one VERY attractive girl (she was a teacher's daughter I think - about 19/20) and my friend got pissed off because he spent like 15 mins staring at her and when she walked past noticed she was wearing a thong - he was VERY distracted, lol.

Ours are mainly external and are all fine.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the inivigilators sometimes... they always seemed so stressed. The exam supervisor in our school is a really mean woman though. She has no sympathy for anyone, and always blames mistakes on the students - for our trials, I had a clash with History, so the 7 of us who had to do it were just left to sit without papers for 5 mins because she didn't know who we were. Then when we asked for papers (for like the third time!) she told us off for not telling her sooner. We didn't even get the time we'd lost added on either! :mad:

The inivigilator for our Spanish exam was from out of school, and he wrote all of the exam details (Centre number & times, etc.) on the electronic Smartboard in board pen, thinking it was a normal whiteboard. No one told him his mistake, lol. That was quite funny...

ReputationRep:
    Ours just sit around looking bored.

Don't pace or anything like that. All teachers I know anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidia)
    I feel sorry for the inivigilators sometimes... they always seemed so stressed. The exam supervisor in our school is a really mean woman though. She has no sympathy for anyone, and always blames mistakes on the students - for our trials, I had a clash with History, so the 7 of us who had to do it were just left to sit without papers for 5 mins because she didn't know who we were. Then when we asked for papers (for like the third time!) she told us off for not telling her sooner. We didn't even get the time we'd lost added on either! :mad:

The inivigilator for our Spanish exam was from out of school, and he wrote all of the exam details (Centre number & times, etc.) on the electronic Smartboard in board pen, thinking it was a normal whiteboard. No one told him his mistake, lol. That was quite funny...
    you'd be stressed too if you had to walk up and down up and down for 2 hours+

ReputationRep:
    our ones are just freaks......they keep saying every 15 minutes "You have 1 and 20 minutes remaining....."You have 1 hour and 15 minutes remaining" im like friggin shut up
    lmao!! I get like that too. It really is like shut the **** up!

ReputationRep:
    Luckily they dont do that at my school, the only time they say how much time we have left is about 10 minutes to go. Thats when you hear the pens working extra hard.

ReputationRep:
    Generally our invigilators are teachers, although there are a couple of old folks who are ALWAYS invigilating in every exam I've done throughought school. SATS, Year 10 Exams, Mocks, GCSE's, you name it! They seem to have been there forever :eek: (They probably have, they look about 70).

I don't find them that irritating, although I HATE it when your desk is near the front or a wall and they just lean against it right next to you. Or when they start chatting to other invigilators. It's really off putting!

ReputationRep:
    im always concentrating on the exam itself to be worried about the people around me actually lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.