Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody else worried that they WON'T get their predictions? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just read the thread about how people nearly always exceed their predicted grades. However, I am actually worrying about not reaching my predicted grades. I would be VERY happy if I did.

To be honest there has not been one exam so far where I have come out at the end and thought "Yes, I have an A* in that". I've found them all quite taxing compared to the mock exams and I am doubting I will reach my predictions.

Anybody else feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about. Imagine the freedom you have not having to worry about things until August 25th.

ReputationRep:
    I do, I'm just trying to forget about my mock and predicted grades because I know that it is never going to happen. It is really depressing, every time I come out of an exam hall I feel as if I've failed... My predicted grades were pretty ridiculus though, I suppose I'll just have to be happy with what I get!!

ReputationRep:
    English Language and Biology. I'm doomed. I won't get the endless A* predictions, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I am banking on A* grades in History, Geography and English Language or Literature. Everything else I will be extremely happy with an A grade in. My aim was to get no B grades, but after completely f*cking up the Biology exam I might need to re-think my aim!

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to think about my results!! i really do not want any C's

ReputationRep:
    Lol - I'm not allowed to get C's, or I get chucked out (I think I get chucked out if I get 2 C's, or don't get 5 A*s). Really strict system :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    Lol - I'm not allowed to get C's, or I get chucked out (I think I get chucked out if I get 2 C's, or don't get 5 A*s). Really strict system :mad:
    My school won't allow you into sixth form without a B grade or above in the subjects you are choosing or if you get more than five C's overall. Well, they probably would let someone if they just paid more! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am one that is worried about this !!
    I was predicted an A-A* for maths, both English, three sciences,history,french,music - based on my examination performance and lack of revision for maths I will not get them lol !

ReputationRep:
    i hope for at least 5 A* and 9 A... no B's or C's here (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    I am worried too cos i think for the mock the teachers had prepared us v.v.v well (cos of course they knew exactly what was coming up in the exams!!!) - but now i'm finding the exams much harder than the mocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatty341)
    i dont want to think about my results!! i really do not want any C's
    why don't you want any C's?

I don't care if I get 10 A* or 10 C's. My aim is 8 C's or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate skool)
    why don't you want any C's?

I don't care if I get 10 A* or 10 C's. My aim is 8 C's or above.
    :confused: :confused: Perhaps because C-grades are crap?

ReputationRep:
    Just as I get what I need to get into sixth form, I don't really care. I'm a bit worried about History though, I'm not sure if it was ok.

ReputationRep:
    I am worried that I won't match my mock results, I know I haven't done that well, and I so want to get the grades I know I am capable of and have achieved before.

The only thing I am pretty certain I have an A* in is Music, as coursework was 60%, and I got a high A* in that, terminal task was 15% and I usually do well in that and the Listening Test was only 25%, and I found that ok.

I don't think I will have got what I got predicted in Graphics, Maths, English Lang

ReputationRep:
    Probs only Maths that im worried about. Expected an A but i'll be happy with a B now (GCSE)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    :confused: :confused: Perhaps because C-grades are crap?
    C grades are not crap! Obviously you want to do as well as you can and you want to achieve or surpass your predictions to make your parents and teachers proud, but at the end of the day, you've done your best and you just have to be happy with whatever you get. There's an obsession on these boards about getting A*s, and of course it's good to get them, but if you don't, it's definitely not the end of the world. A-levels are far more important. The requirement for most sixth forms and colleges, except private and grammar schools, is 5 Cs. At the end of the day, anything from A*-G is a pass and anything from A*-C is a good pass. You can't do anything about the exams you think you've done badly in now, so just chill out and enjoy the summer

ReputationRep:
    all my predictions were crap cause i couldnt be bothered with mocks so mine will be completely different xoxo

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe the way ALL of you are speaking, 7-8 A*s?? theres barely anyone in my year aiming for that.. im going for 5 c's which will get me into any college courses that appeal to me and thats all i need.. thats all most people need, you all must be the kind of kids that have been working your hardest from day 1.. well fair enough, but lets see how much longer youll be able to put up with education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xnought)
    i cant believe the way ALL of you are speaking, 7-8 A*s?? theres barely anyone in my year aiming for that.. im going for 5 c's which will get me into any college courses that appeal to me and thats all i need..
    i agree with ya there xoxo

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.