Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody else worried that they WON'T get their predictions? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. For some exams I have felt I could have written better. I have done so much revision, if my grades are lower it isn't because I didn't work but just because I wasn't up to it on the day, and for various reasons didn't do the best I could have.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps because C-grades are crap?
    Heh. Lol.

Yeh. For some exams I have felt I could have written better. I have done so much revision, if my grades are lower it isn't because I didn't work but just because I wasn't up to it on the day, and for various reasons didn't do the best I could have.
    That's me in Biology and Lang. I've done crap and I know I could have done better given another chance. All the rest if I've done crap in, I wouldn't have been able to do any better!

ReputationRep:
    That's me in Biology and Lang. I've done crap and I know I could have done better given another chance. All the rest if I've done crap in, I wouldn't have been able to do any better!
    Forget about it! You've done fine! You've probs put down some really interesting points in your English Language, and science is usually something that you do better in than you would otherwise expect. And even if you don't get the grades you hoped for, it's hardly the end of the world.

Plus - there's no point in worrying about something in the past . I can see you're quite intelligent from the grades you're predicted, and from the kind of posts you make. So don't make an issue of it!

You'll land on your feet, whatever happens.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same as some other people, how you just feel you've done terribly. However, I keep mulling over my exams and feeling worse and worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xnought)
    then i see you as a ******.
    you know you can easily do better then that fair enough, it dosent mean anything unless you get real competitive, C's are all most people need and are the most some people can achieve in such unbalanced tests requiring no intelligence other then wasting away indoors revising useless ****..

ok sorry for my ignorance i understand what your saying and i aim quite competitive with my friends especially one guy that keeps rubbing it in that ICT is 2 GCSE's and its 1 more GCSE than mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    I am banking on A* grades in History, Geography and English Language or Literature. Everything else I will be extremely happy with an A grade in. My aim was to get no B grades, but after completely f*cking up the Biology exam I might need to re-think my aim!
    Omg, i was hoping for at least 6 a*s as well, cos i found the mocks really easy, and i got As A*s for my coursework as soon as i started bothering. I thought that Bs were a failure. But so far, its got to the point where i think i might have gotten something really bad (ie below a c) in RS and both englishes and IT. I'd actually be soo happy if i got Bs and Cs now....I might actually have to retake english........

ReputationRep:
    i worried about this last year. its not worth it because most of my grades were higher than the predicted ones and i was predicted all as and a*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grapefruit_girl)
    Omg, i was hoping for at least 6 a*s as well, cos i found the mocks really easy, and i got As A*s for my coursework as soon as i started bothering. I thought that Bs were a failure. But so far, its got to the point where i think i might have gotten something really bad (ie below a c) in RS and both englishes and IT. I'd actually be soo happy if i got Bs and Cs now....I might actually have to retake english........
    B a failure lol? ok. As it stands there will probably be only one GCSE that i get an A* in, the rest Bs and an E in tech!! *looks all proud*

ReputationRep:
    Guys, you'll all be fine stop worrying!! Good luck with the rest of your exams x

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm im thinkin that too...

wot exam board r u guys all on bout for biology? i did edexcel and it was the only exam i think i did well in!! wierd...

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    I did Edexcel biology, and I thought I did badly because 60% of it was just guessing the answer from the text. Nothing you could've revised for like kidneys n stuff. And I have no common sense so guessing things was tough! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think I've done ok so far....hopefully anyway!

I'm just worried about Latin, I'm not sure I'll hit my prediction.
    Oh well, it's only Latin! It's hardly important (I'll just keep telling myself that over and over ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    46%? wow pretty low, how come its so low? And at my school i think its abotu 70% 5 A*-C, at my friends school its 100% lol.
    26% for mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    26% for mine
    Damn, that's really low! Why the ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Damn, that's really low! Why the ?
    gotta make it look good somehow its an all boys comprehensive in a **** hole with endless scallies, went to a different sixth form for a week with 90% A-C passrate but i went back cos they didn't do the subjects i wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    My school won't allow you into sixth form without a B grade or above in the subjects you are choosing or if you get more than five C's overall. Well, they probably would let someone if they just paid more! :rolleyes:
    My school won't allow us into the 6th form unless we get A*/A's in the subjects we want to take. They also want us to get As minimum in most subjects and my headmaster said that B's are "vulgar". It makes me so annoyed :mad: We have to do these special tests as well which are like A-level standard to make sure that we will cope with A-level. And if we fail they don't allow us to do the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeerHS)
    My school won't allow us into the 6th form unless we get A*/A's in the subjects we want to take. They also want us to get As minimum in most subjects and my headmaster said that B's are "vulgar". It makes me so annoyed :mad: We have to do these special tests as well which are like A-level standard to make sure that we will cope with A-level. And if we fail they don't allow us to do the subject.
    That's crazy. But you can apply else where, somewhere were you're not under so much pressure all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeerHS)
    Are you having a laugh? What kind of twisted headmaster puts the students under that much pressure? B grades are most certainly not "vulgar"...If you get in, well done. Don't be put under pressure because of this though and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'd apply some where else if I were you, just to object. Then the school doesn't get your funding.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a quite a sad person, so I've written all my mock results on a Post It, stuck it on my wall, then done the same for my predicted grades and another blank one for when I get my results.

I'm pretty confident about getting the grades I've predicted. For a few, I'm pretty sure I've actually done better (predicted C/B for RE, but the exam went really well, so I'm now thinking an A). But then again, some of my predictions I don't think I'll get now (A* for History, for example. I messed up on the timing, so I hope to get an A instead if Paper 2 goes well).

Although it's sometimes disheartening to predict grades, and then do an exam and know you didn't get what you predicted, I still think it's worth making predictions, as you probably will do better in some, which makes it worth it in my opinion.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.