Turn on thread page Beta

As biology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Help me! i've just tried to do a as level biology experiment on enzyme catalase, and the gas syringe didn't work, i've tried the experiment a thousand times, and now my plans in for next friday and i don't have results, please someone help me, my email ad is [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishrat)
    Help me! i've just tried to do a as level biology experiment on enzyme catalase, and the gas syringe didn't work, i've tried the experiment a thousand times, and now my plans in for next friday and i don't have results, please someone help me, my email ad is [email protected]

What do you want me to do? Perform the experiment in my bedroom!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    no a little guidance on would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    You will actually need to know what you are varying.

ReputationRep:
    You will actually need to know what you are varying.
    what do you mean? could i actually make up the results

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean? could i actually make up the results
    dont see why not, i "tweak" some ogf my results to get a nice graph. Ive learnt my lesson of just putting the correct results down. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    dont see why not, i "tweak" some ogf my results to get a nice graph. Ive learnt my lesson of just putting the correct results down. :mad:
    What do you mean?
    You lost marks for putting the correct results down?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just wrote a plan for enzyme catalase varying the pH, and when I was doing it did find some help on such sites as essaybanks etc. You could try them to see if they might have results, but what exactly are you varying? and you dont have to use the gas syringe, could try counting bubbles *teach said its accurate as bubbles comes out of the same delvivery tube so appromxiatley the same size* or could measure using cylinder, so you get it filled with water and tip it upside down in a twaer tub and the oxygen will displace the water and you get results. Sorry not much help, but hope you get it done by fri =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    did you cheat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buzfvar)
    What do you mean?
    You lost marks for putting the correct results down?
    No, i lost marks because the explaination was a pain to do. No matter what i say, i lost marks due to either:

1) incomplete explaination of results
    2) explaination shows experiment was flawed.

So i just tweak my results to look nicer, and concurrent with data. also I add one erronous data in it. And so got some good stuff to write about without being penalised.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.