Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to achieve an A at Biology simply through the wonderful medium of mneumonics? :p:

Well, we can sure as hell give it a go. I'll start: cellular respiration - Good God! People are killing eachother! (Glycogen, Glucose, Pyruvate, Acetyle Coenzyme A, Krebs, and electron transport system).

Your turn. Oldak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldakQuill)
    Is it possible to achieve an A at Biology simply through the wonderful medium of mneumonics? :p:

Well, we can sure as hell give it a go. I'll start: cellular respiration - Good God! People are killing eachother! (Glycogen, Glucose, Pyruvate, Acetyle Coenzyme A, Krebs, and electron transport system).

Your turn. Oldak.
    :eek: That is fabulous!!!!
    I remember Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species as Kinky People Cry Out For Group Sex (but you've probably heard that one!)

ReputationRep:
    ooooor Kick Phat (purple) Cat Off Farmer Giles' Shed

ReputationRep:
    king philip came over for gay sex

ReputationRep:
    It's the only way I managed to learn plant growth substances!

ReputationRep:
    Go on then Ellie what were ur mnemonics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Go on then Ellie what were ur mnemonics?
    I think they might be a bit too rude to post out here! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Lol Ellie, your past thread inspired me to somehow learn the plant hormones so 2 mneumonics I made were:
    Cruel Squirrels Like Robbing Small Cats for Cytokinins, senescence delay, lateral bud develpment, Roots &, Shoot developement, chloroplast maturation.

And

All Donkeys Sit In s*** for Abscisic acid, dormancy, senescence, inhibiting growth, stomatal closure

ReputationRep:
    this is good stuff!! I know this is lame compared to every1 else, and an easy part of the spec but....
    Blood glucose control:
    RIB= RISE (in glucose level leads to secretion of)INSULIN (detected by) BETA CELLS
    and then you can pretty much remember the other is the opposite:
    fall, secretion on glucagon, alpha cells. or FAG = Fall, alpha cells, glucagon

ReputationRep:
    you can just remember it cuz glucAgon has an A in it so it's secreted by the alpha-cells in the islets of langerhans

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats cool too, i just sometimes get confused and rise and fall as well so that includes it all

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any mneumonics for the food option?i am screwed on that!!

ReputationRep:
    lol, BAD MEMORIES!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.