Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm sympathetic, because my relationship started out on the internet (though it was only that way for a month, I still had very strong feelings even before we met) but I'm sure you'll get over it quite easily - you have no shared real life experiences after all, and after breaking up and reflecting on these that would hurt the most I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I'm sympathetic, because my relationship started out on the internet (though it was only that way for a month, I still had very strong feelings even before we met) but I'm sure you'll get over it quite easily - you have no shared real life experiences after all, and after breaking up and reflecting on these that would hurt the most I imagine.
    Yeah, that's fair enough, but if you haven't even MET someone, it's a different story...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    Yeah, that's fair enough, but if you haven't even MET someone, it's a different story...
    They did intend to, I suppose that's like online commitment :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSornia)
    Many of you will remember I had a long-distance relationship with a girl in Florida; 4000 miles away. Recently we had a problem (see a previous thread of mine) and I thought it was fixed, but lately it's gotten worse and I hardly see her at all. She hasn't made the effort, and I've given her chances, but I've just split up with her :bawling: I'm actually not that sad about it atm, but I'm sure I'll come to realise the effect. My longest relationship. At just over a year. And I never even met her or kissed her. So yet again I'm single; and feeling a little lonely; since quitting uni I don't have many friends of my own age. It was so right; she was going to come over, but it kept getting later and later. I can't wait that long; despite the potential.
    Look on the bright side - once you've gotten over her you will feel so much better and probably slightly embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    I think as you said another failed LDR that this indicates to try a 'real' offline relationship, sorry but I have only had a few 'online' relationships, not that I would really class them as that and they pretty much have to be open relationships, I mean if you're stripping off for each other and having a play around and one of you is in a 'offline' relationship then maybe that's slightly different, but I'm guessing you're not doing that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.