Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why there are different requiremnts throughout the forces? I saw loads of roles in the RAF which required you to have been British/commonwealth since birth, the same goes for Royal Marines, yet the Army seems much less stringent, only requiring citizenship for the last 5 years. But the TA on the other hand, requires British nationality since birth!

Is there a specific reason for this, or is it just the way things are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Does anyone know why there are different requiremnts throughout the forces? I saw loads of roles in the RAF which required you to have been British/commonwealth since birth, the same goes for Royal Marines, yet the Army seems much less stringent, only requiring citizenship for the last 5 years. But the TA on the other hand, requires British nationality since birth!

Is there a specific reason for this, or is it just the way things are?

The TA dosnt require nationalisty since birth, commmonwealth citizens are eligible for service. Unless, they changed the rules in the past months, maby im wrong. Try visiting their website to see nationality requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Woops, sorry! I couldn't be bothered typing the whole thing out again, so I just left it as British.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Actually, commonwealth citizens won't be able to join the RAF for long, specifically for pilot. New regulations are coming into effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Actually, commonwealth citizens won't be able to join the RAF for long, specifically for pilot. New regulations are coming into effect.

OO, well they never were eligible when i was looking over it 2 years ago. It is estimated that 10% of the British Army is a commonwealth citizen 2 years ago. The MOD even considered making a commonwealth brigade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Why not? That's a dumb idea... the Commonwealth is great.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    because we don't need to accept them. We already have masses of national applicants and not enough spaces.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.