Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently a lot of IB'ers have "predicted" grades/scores, but my school doesn't do this...Is this done by individuals or by the school? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    m school bases them on MOCK exams... which sounds a bit odd coz we're applying for unis (in most cases) in autumn :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My school does it at the end of the first year. We don't get to see them because apparently if we do it lessens the creditability of them for the Unis.

ReputationRep:
    All marks for internal assessment and predicted grades must be submitted by IBNET no later than 10 April (10 October), about three weeks before the written examinations.
    So all schools have predicted grades. And they are submitted to IBO.
    The predicted grade is the teacher’s prediction of the grade the candidate is expected to achieve in the subject, based on all the evidence of the candidate’s work and the teacher’s knowledge of IBO standards. Predicted grades are also required for Theory of Knowledge and the extended essay. It is important that each prediction is made as accurately as possible, without under-predicting or over-predicting the grade.
    There are some subjects (self-taught A1, SBS), where you do not get predicted grades, but for most of them you will.
    The IBO has no policy on whether predicted grades should be released to candidates; this is left to the discretion of the school.
    So if your school decides, that you will not know your predicted grade, you most probably will not know it. With one exception.
    To comply with Part 2 sections 7–15 of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, under certain conditions the IBO may be required to disclose information, directly to a candidate, relating to his or her marks and predicted grades.
    I hope this makes everything about predicted grades clear.
    All quotes are from Vade Mecum 2004 by IBO. A copy can be found here

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! It's very clear now. I wish I had that link earlier, though. I've been trying to find a copy of the Vade Mecum for ages! :/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.