Turn on thread page Beta

Christianity, which branch do you belong to? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know for curiosity's sake, what branch of Christianity the Christians on this forum belong to.

Feel free to debate the merits of each in comparison with each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Just wanted to know for curiosity's sake, what branch of Christianity the Christians on this forum belong to.

Feel free to debate the merits of each in comparison with each other.
    Catholic, though I'm not too fond of it...

Anglican

ReputationRep:
    I'm a baptist I love our views on the Bible, not fanatic but not liberal....... just right in fact

ReputationRep:
    United Reformed, when I used to go to church. Haven't been for years though

(Original post by Ribomania)
    I'm a baptist I love our views on the Bible, not fanatic but not liberal....... just right in fact
    what are those views exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Where do Jehova's witnesses come ( i ain't one, jus asking )

ReputationRep:
    I was going to put that in but went against it, its an 'other.'

ReputationRep:
    I'm Roman Catholic, however some views in the religion i am not too keen on.... xoxo

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain to me the difference between being a "christian" and leading a "christian" lifestyle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    can someone explain to me the difference between being a "christian" and leading a "christian" lifestyle?
    a christian is someone who believes in christianity.....a christian lifestyle is something which people follow (such as the 10 commandments) as they believe that they should live their live the way Jesus had by being charitable etc.... (lol i think this is right neways!!!) xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I was Christened, so I guess I'm protestant (Anglican). I don't go to church or anything though

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Catholic... not a very good one though

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious, but my maternal family is Catholic.

The biggest group in Newcastle seems to be Non-Conformist Protestants, especially methodists rather than Anglicans. And we have more Catholics than the national evrage of 9%.

ReputationRep:
    I was christened a Protestant (CoE), but I'm an atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    what are those views exactly?
    dj;jafjaso;sdijfa;oijf;asjfoasjf ;oajisf;oasijfoasijfasoijfsaijfa sfijsa;ijfasijfao;sijfasoijso;jf saojfaojoasijfasjfaojfaojfasojfa sfjasojfsao;jfas;fa;soja;sofjas; ofasjfjasosfajas;ofjisa;ofijaso; sfjao;sfjsa;offsaosfajf;oasfajoa sja;ofjasoasoafjaosjo;jfaasfj

sorry

ReputationRep:
    Roman Catholic, although I feel we need to be more charismatic in our worship . . .

ReputationRep:
    Anglican, Catholisism scares me shitless :p: everything's so serious. my vicar admitted to e the other week that he doesnt believe in half of the Bible either. Can't imagine a Catholic doing that. and by Catholic, i mean someone who practises their faith rather han was christened or baptised.

I don't see that as it being your relgion just because you had a little ceremony as a baby so everyone could ooh and ah at you. That was for your parents not you. You didnt care, who's God-parents actually helped them through anyting in life?

I'm getting baptised o the 26th. Should be nice, just a few people I know and my church. One of the best things my parents ever did for me, that and how they taught me to swim but that's another story, was to not christen me. I made my own choice, and I believe it is the right one, for me.My mother istechnically a methodist, she's been to church one in tha past year that wasn't a christening, funeral or wedding. And that was keeping up appearances at Christmas. I was there doing somehting I really believed in and she made me move seats so some people across the road culd see her there. I did try to point out that while they may notice her in church tonight, they will also notice the lack of her in the church for the rest of the year. and my father is Anglican, or was. he was very devout up until he was 15 or so, then it just all went away. Now he supposes there's something more but doesn't quite know what it is.

anyhow I've rambled enough and this was meant to be a "Quick Reply"

ReputationRep:
    Church of England

ReputationRep:
    Ok all you wenches explain why you bloody ass wipes why drink and drugs is so ****ng bade cos I consider it amazing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.