Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: A new problem... watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she likes you but is hesistant with things because she's 'shy' (I don't mean shy but you get the idea...maybe 'nervous'?). It's a possibility!!

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    lessthanthree

lol - tell me about it.

There were 4 in total. One I've closed down, the other is in Reading until July and that leaves two - this one and her friend. I can't really do too much with her friend until this has been sorted out one way or the other.

I like her but its drifting - all I want is a yes or a no and then I'll carry on as normal - trouble is I'm kind of getting a bit of both out of her!

And I do pull other girls, I just haven't wanted to date them!

ReputationRep:
    Wow Mr J, you are a man of the moment aren't you...hehe
    I suppose you would see it as keeping your options open, but who would you most like to have a serious relationship with? Regardless of how they view you or any mixed messages you have been receiving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    ...plus an update from before.

For those that had helped before.

Girl One. - Finally admitted she had a guy and apologised for leading me on. No probs at all with her - she wants to be mates and thats fine by me.

Girl Two. - Well she gave me her number, and also said she was defo up for a drink and had no guy, but then cancelled our lunch date, suggested an alternative time which I couldn't make and then didn't reply to my second suggested meeting time.
    Mr J
    Mr J, imagine for a moment, if you will, that you are a hot, desirable young lady. You get approached by lots of guys several times a week. You need a quick way of testing which of these guys is likely to be fun, exciting, loyal and, above all, going to make you feel that super-emotion - attraction.

Now, a couple of favourite methods of testing are by asking questions and cancelling on plans. The right answers lie in how you deal with these challenges.

If a woman called me three hours before we were supposed to meet and said "Oh, my long lost brother is coming to town..." I would say something along the lines of... thanks for the three hours notice. How are you going to make this up to me? Then bust her balls. Of course, you don't want to do it in an emotional, hurtful way... or in a way that lets her know that you have been upset by her. Now, I personally don't like the idea of lying to or deceiving women - don't do that, ever - but standing up for yourself works wonders in all areas of life.

She may NOT be a flaky woman... but only trying to figure out how to flake on YOU because you acted like a wussy clingy boy, then this might change things. When a woman sees you standing up for yourself, and basically saying "Look, if you're going to flake out or be late, then I don't want to meet you", it shows her beyond the shadow of a doubt that your time is
    more important to you than her.

This is a good thing.

Anyway, forget them. My experience is that most close mates create their own probems with women, then come to me to solve them. Isn't it a much better idea to not run into these problems in the first place?
    - Go meet people, just say hi...
    - Get digits if your conversation is cool. If it is, she won't mind, or may even give you hers without asking.
    - Have coffee.

The main thing is to get on with your life, not just dating, but with your goals. You'll become a much more content person for it and you're mindset will make you more attractive. Trust me.

And Lozza, please, no more than 2 PMs a day. Or else email; good girl.
    email/msn: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Uncle Sam (my imaginary friend) told me that u should never trust girls and children..

ReputationRep:
    dont want to name them in case they use this board - so lets call them S, L, Ka and Ke.

S is the most attractive, although they're all good looking in my opinion.
    Ka is the one I've known the longest and know the most
    L is the one that apparantly wants to date, but its not happening
    Ke is L's mate and I've never tried it on with her but shes extremely flirty with me.

Difficult to answer as Ka, S an Ke have bf's. Ke I've not tried it on with because of L. Ka has cheated on her bf with me before and is due to move back from uni. I like them all, but dont know any of them well enough to say I really liked them! I gues at the moment its L, but that could change! S is finally a non starter.

I'm reluctant to get other girls nos as its all a bit of a mare as it is ...dont want it any worse!

Mr J

ReputationRep:
    if she offered another time then she wants to. if i wasnt keen i'd just say i was busy or that i had a boyfriend.

just give her a text tomorrow and ask her when she's free to meet up. say something like "sorry i havent text u, been busy" then it sounds as if you've not been thinking about her as much as you have!

it's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    forget the ones with boyfriends. if they cheat with you, then they dont like you enough to dump their boyfriends for you.

edit: i wouldn't go out with someone who i've cheated with, and i wouldn't cheat with someone i liked. had a chance to pull my current bf when i was with my ex (my current bf says we had a "connection" ever since that night) but i didn't, and i did like him then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    And Lozza, please, no more than 2 PMs a day. Or else email; good girl.
    email/msn: [email protected]
    what??? :confused: i havent pm'd you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    what??? :confused: i havent pm'd you
    Nice.

Keep it hush.

ReputationRep:
    Call her - don't text. MUCH less confusion. Make a clear plan or not at all, best of all find something that she might be interested in. e.g. "Hey, want to go see X film/play/concert/art exhibition with me this weekend?
    You can get to know her and organise when to meet for drinks.

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

Keep it hush.
    *is highly confused*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd27)
    Call her - don't text. MUCH less confusion. Make a clear plan or not at all, best of all find something that she might be interested in. e.g. "Hey, want to go see X film/play/concert/art exhibition with me this weekend?
    You can get to know her and organise when to meet for drinks.

I know the text option is the cowards way out, but it also avoids the non-answer possibility if she's juct plain not interested. Besides, I did make arrangements with her face to face, after bumping into her in the street ...she subsequently cancelled!

I have real difficulty in just sitting it out (acting like I'm too busy to txt etc - which I know is what you're supposed to do). I don;t know why either, If you met me you'd probably think I was one of the most confident people you've ever met. I've got a busy life too, just like to make things happen.

Guess I'm not particularly patient!

Mr J

ReputationRep:
    Really not best to go for the ones aready in relationships, if they really were interested then they would have ended it and made a move on you or at least made it more obvious that thye were interested. Also friends of friends not always too great either, S DO TALK have you know and that may cause lots of jealousy and even conflict...choice is yours really. Maye none of these s are right for you, but you should and with one of them you do get to know them before making any rash decisions.

ReputationRep:
    If they are in a relationship, then don't try it.

Just look at Ashley Cole and Chelsea. Now Chelsea won't even buy him because he's proven his integrity is not examplary.

ReputationRep:
    *exemplary

ReputationRep:
    If they are in a relationship, then don't try it.

Just look at Ashley Cole and Chelsea. Now Chelsea won't even buy him because he's proven his integrity is not examplary.
    Great analogy.

ReputationRep:
    Here we have a scenario identical to when someone first whispered "I love you" in my ear just before a really whiteknuckle ride at Thorpe Park last year. Just as we were going up the beginning bit, I just held her gaze for a little, then indifferently said

I know.

ReputationRep:
    Here we have a scenario identical to when someone first whispered "I love you" in my ear just before a really whiteknuckle ride at Thorpe Park last year. Just as we were going up the beginning bit, I just held her gaze for a little, then indifferently said

I know.
    Hey romance is not ...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.