The Student Room Group
The examiner won't mark you down either way I think, so long they can understand what you are writing. After all they're marking you on your own writing, not the original text they give you. I use to quote poems lines (if I was quoting multiple lines) by using commas.
Personally I would either do the / 's (or just start it on a new line if you're not embedding it in a sentence) - but I'm only GCSE level so probably not the best person to ask - hope it helps anyway,

MissSurfer
Reply 3
I would separate lines with slashes (/), as otherwise it looks like you've omitted parts of the quotation.
Reply 4
/ for defs.
Reply 5
I do two, like this //, between lines. But if you really want to do three lines of quotation I'd be tempted not to embed the quotes at all. Do it like this:

In this passage xxx is well demonstrated:
'The quality of mercy is not strain'd.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath.'
Here, x shows...

If you really don't want to, though, then definitely two strokes - on ecan look like punctuation, but there's no mistaking two.
Reply 6
skevvybritt
I do two, like this //, between lines. But if you really want to do three lines of quotation I'd be tempted not to embed the quotes at all. Do it like this:

In this passage xxx is well demonstrated:
'The quality of mercy is not strain'd.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath.'
Here, x shows...

If you really don't want to, though, then definitely two strokes - on ecan look like punctuation, but there's no mistaking two.

Okay.. I'll take your word for it!

Latest

Trending

Trending