Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats the big craze surrounding them?? im surrounded by ppl who are obsessed by dem!

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of the buggars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    theyre sum kinda japanes puzzles!!! (well dats wot my dad said!)

ReputationRep:
    They're alright, bit tedious.

try www.mousebreaker.net they have a new one every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burtch)
    They're alright, bit tedious.

try www.mousebreaker.net they have a new one every day.
    is doin them gonna help me in ne way?

ReputationRep:
    Just as much as any crossword will i.e. not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burtch)
    Just as much as any crossword will i.e. not at all
    no wonder everyone is doing them!

ReputationRep:
    whats the big craze surrounding them??
    they're really really addictive!!! don't start one, 'cos you won't want to do anything else until you've finished (well, if you're really logical like me anyway...). They're sooo much better than cross words (which are boring...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    they're really really addictive!!! don't start one, 'cos you won't want to do anything else until you've finished (well, if you're really logical like me anyway...). They're sooo much better than cross words (which are boring...)
    but i dont get the point of them- ive heard of tsunami puzzles- but what are sudoko puzzles about. i know wot u mean when u say dat dey r addictive - my dads mad about them!! i think i want 2 get in2 them - but i dont know wot deyre about?

ReputationRep:
    lol im addicted to them

ReputationRep:
    I've done them before, they usuallt get boring after a while though coz it's the same thing over and over.

ReputationRep:
    sudoku samurai

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i think i want 2 get in2 them - but i dont know wot deyre about?
    It's basically a nine by nine grid split into nine boxes of three by three.
    In each row are the numbers 1-9, in each column are the numbers 1-9 and in each box are the numbers 1-9. You're given some numbers to start off with, then have to do the rest yourself. They are quite addictive, but I prefer the tsunami (now renamed hanjee) and enigma puzzles, as they involve creating something, i.e. a picture, albeit not usually that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmjp)
    It's basically a nine by nine grid split into nine boxes of three by three.
    In each row are the numbers 1-9, in each column are the numbers 1-9 and in each box are the numbers 1-9. You're given some numbers to start off with, then have to do the rest yourself. They are quite addictive, but I prefer the tsunami (now renamed hanjee) and enigma puzzles, as they involve creating something, i.e. a picture, albeit not usually that good.
    wot are enigma puzzles??? ive tried tsunami, but im crap at them. i think ill have a go at da sudoko. ill c wot all da buzz is about!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    They are addictive...and are so muchy better than crosswords as you don't need any sort ofknowledge to do them unlike crossowrds. Really anyone can o a Su Doku puzzle..the more logically and quickly your mind works the faster you do the puzzles and less likely you are to make mistakes, but really anyone can do them.

If someone hasn't ever tried one yet, go and find one and do it. Most newsapaers have then in now, so you should easily find one...I find the Time ones the best. They were the original ones in the UK and they have some of the more difficult ones...you can really tell the difference between the 'easy' and 'feindish' ones in the Times, while all levels of difficulty in the Independent are just as easy as each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    They are addictive...and are so muchy better than crosswords as you don't need any sort ofknowledge to do them unlike crossowrds. Really anyone can o a Su Doku puzzle..the more logically and quickly your mind works the faster you do the puzzles and less likely you are to make mistakes, but really anyone can do them.

If someone hasn't ever tried one yet, go and find one and do it. Most newsapaers have then in now, so you should easily find one...I find the Time ones the best. They were the original ones in the UK and they have some of the more difficult ones...you can really tell the difference between the 'easy' and 'feindish' ones in the Times, while all levels of difficulty in the Independent are just as easy as each other.
    ive just gone an printed loads of from the net!!! ill see how far i get. i think dis craze is sweepin every1. my maths teacher was gonna make is do them in lesson, but cos most of us didnt want 2 do them he decided against it!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    ive just gone an printed loads of from the net!!! ill see how far i get. i think dis craze is sweepin every1. my maths teacher was gonna make is do them in lesson, but cos most of us didnt want 2 do them he decided against it!
    Your maths teacher sounds great...but he really should have forced you to do them...I'd guessdoing lots of them really would help with your logical thinking...somethign which will help your maths skills

ReputationRep:
    I love Suduku! I have to buy the Inde on a Saturday, just for their super suduku puzzle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Your maths teacher sounds great...but he really should have forced you to do them...I'd guessdoing lots of them really would help with your logical thinking...somethign which will help your maths skills
    yep hes great- but he made us do tsunami ones- and im pretty useless at them!! id actually prefer havin a maths lesson doin sudoko than maths!! i think ill ask him 2 do them again, cos now dat exams are over we wont be doin much neway.
    dey seem pretty intense though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    :dito: plues I havn't seen any of them (whatever they are) around where I am.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.