The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SAme thing I say to everyone who asks, swim swim swim swim swim... as often as you can, for as long as you can. The more you swim, the more you lose.
Cambridgemuscle? With a name like that I would have thought you knew things to do with fitness.

All I can say to you lozza is eat a relatively healthy diet. Dont crash diet in anyway shape or form. Do Cardio 4 times a week, aim for two hours. Try to burn in the region of 1200 cals on a cross trainer for these sessions. Losing 10 pounds of fat isn't hard in two weeks if you are disciplined and are actually overweight.
Reply 22
Lozza
i'm 19 and i'm 10-12 but i'm normally 8 and my balldress is a small size 10. hence need to lose weight or i wont fit into it and it's VVVVV expensive!!!!!

btw excess weight does NOT look good on me, like i'm 5"7 but any excess weight just makes me look really big and blobby. i can't carry it off at all. sorry to anyone who's bigger than me but please just trust me i don't look good! i think i have a small frame?

and this is were i get really angrey, leave the thread and give you neg rep :mad:
lol, i know how you feel...my balls friday but my exams dont finnish till thursday....ahhh and i tried the dress on on wednesday and as i ran down the stairs the zip started to undo...not majorly but about 5cm's.........must loose weight! My big plan is to cut out alcohol (well nearly) and fizzy drinks totally! I'm also upping my gym workout to 45 mins cardio....which in this heat is hell and nearly killed me yesterday! apart from that, im just hoping that i have a skinny week!

if you find anything that works let me know!

love Katy***
Reply 24
joshdajoker
Cambridgemuscle? With a name like that I would have thought you knew things to do with fitness.

All I can say to you lozza is eat a relatively healthy diet. Dont crash diet in anyway shape or form. Do Cardio 4 times a week, aim for two hours. Try to burn in the region of 1200 cals on a cross trainer for these sessions. Losing 10 pounds of fat isn't hard in two weeks if you are disciplined and are actually overweight.

i'd recommend the same but a) She's not overweight on bmi. b) It's less than 2 weeks and a cardio routine takes time to get into c) I think it would be easier to concentrate on diet or supplementary measures to see real results in such a short space of time.

I think you're overestimiating the effects of your programme although of course its healthier.
Reply 25
i lost a lot of weight once by making loads of soup with onions, celery, cabbage, and tinned tomatoes. plus water, stock and vegetable juice, and ate it like 3 times a day. also i drank loads of water and had maybe a piece of fruit or vegetables or two a day. i drank only water except for one day when i had skimmed milk cos i figured i was running low on calcium, i had grilled steak one day so i didn't lose too much iron or amino acids, and bananas one day for potassium.

after two weeks i reckon i lost half a stone easily...
Reply 26
joshdajoker

Crash dieting is the perfect thing here, she wants to fit into her prom dress, you'll get quicker results by just eating as little as you can and doing loads of exercise.
Reply 27
try what cambridge muscle says if you are serious about it... it will take some serious dedication (expecially with the eating) but faster results... if you say you're not bothered how unhealthy it is, try that.

co
and this is were i get really angrey, leave the thread and give you neg rep :mad:
quick someone call the attention police!
Reply 28
imasillynarb
Crash dieting is the perfect thing here, she wants to fit into her prom dress, you'll get quicker results by just eating as little as you can and doing loads of exercise.

i'm still throwing my hat in the ring with Atkins, but is suppose MRP shakes in water with a little seving of brown pasta and tuna in the eveneings would be another way. sounds lovely.
Reply 29
muscle the only reason atkins works is because fats and proteins carry an appatite sedative not present in carbohydrates. Basically you eat less, that's why you lose weight. It's not healthy.
Reply 30
Just thought i'd tell you guys this thing i saw about the Atkins diet:

People say the majority of the weight is lost due to ketosis, however, studies show that ketosis doesn't begin until at least a week into Atkins dieting, yet weight loss begins instantly.

Protein fills you up more quickly and for longer than carbs, and it's now thought that people on the atkins are actually just eating less than they were before. This is just me passing on information i saw, don't aim it at me if you disagree.

@ Lozza, 2 weeks is plenty enough time to lose 6-8 pounds without having to crash diet, do fairly high intensity exercise twice a day for 15-20 mins and eat sensibly (but don't eat less than about 1200 calories, preferably 1400) you'll probably lose about 5 pounds in the first week due to losing a bit of water retention aswell, then a few in the second week, you'll be fine.
Reply 31
Gym isn't neccessary, just do some cardio, you could get one of those steppers for your home or just run around your neighbourhood.

Also, eat healthy too, this means fruit, pasta, vegetables, meat, don't eat chocolate, pizza, chips etc.

If you cannot do any of the above (due to moviational problems) you don't deserve to be of the body type your aiming for, just saying it how I think.

Also, only drink water. Don't bother buying any books about diets either, there's no quick fix solution to losing weight.
Reply 32
riccardo
muscle the only reason atkins works is because fats and proteins carry an appatite sedative not present in carbohydrates. Basically you eat less, that's why you lose weight. It's not healthy.

never said it was mate. that's one thoery uve given but it works for other reasons too. But it does work and it won't do u any harm for the time she's gonna be on it for. same with caffeine.
Reply 33
It's not my theory, it's some research happening at Imperial, it was published in New Scientist a few months ago. Personally I'd recommend a balanced diet and running, but I'm sure Atkins could work. I'm sure it makes you secrete vile gases though, no?
Drink lots of water with ice cubes in, makes your body burn energy to keep your temperatue up! (although of course this on it's own isn't going to do enough!)
Reply 35
old wives tale. Q=mcdeltaT and c happens to be 4.2 kJ/g/K. I worked this out and it means you have to drink like an elephant to use as much energy as, say, 30 press ups.
Reply 36
riccardo
It's not my theory, it's some research happening at Imperial, it was published in New Scientist a few months ago. Personally I'd recommend a balanced diet and running, but I'm sure Atkins could work. I'm sure it makes you secrete vile gases though, no?

and makes you constipated. hence the water. if you're gonna do it properly u need some flax oil and fibre supps but i don't think we're talking long term here (i'd hope not)
Reply 37
that's sick... why bother? Run like the nearest water pump is 26 miles from home.
shall i direct u to 1 of those pro anerexia cults?
It'd depend on you build/ shape, I think. Where's the fat? any pictures? (though I doubt it's the type of thing anybody would want to post...)

10 pounds seems a bit much for that amount of time. Just eat healthy food and do plenty of running etc (I'm sure you knew that).

Latest

Trending

Trending