Turn on thread page Beta

I'm turning into a big fat heffer! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammyD)
    Not all soup is good! Make your own using vegetables and stock or buy it and read the calories on the back, but make sure you know what's in it. Restaurant's soup often has lots of calories and nothing very nutritious, I imagine canteen soup would as well because it has a lot of fat and sugar.
    please make your own... the whole point o the soup is that its packe with celery, which has a negative calorie value, plus cabbage and onions wich are diuretics... this means that provided you keep drinking water, the retained metabolic water will be removed much faster... hence making you less bloated. and there's like, no fat in the soup, and it tatses quite nice, although after 2 weeks of it, you sort of want to kill yourself... but if you're working towards a goal...

ReputationRep:
    Did no one read the initial post on this thread? Why are so many people saying that fat makes you cuddly, that she's thin enough already and that quick fixes aren't the way? She wants a quick fix initially so she's thin for the ball; she's not going to wreck her health with 10 days of crash dieting. I'm in exactly the same position- putting on weight now could potentially cost me a lot of money as I wouldn't be able to wear the dress I've bought. May balls are important!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    please make your own... the whole point o the soup is that its packe with celery, which has a negative calorie value, plus cabbage and onions wich are diuretics... this means that provided you keep drinking water, the retained metabolic water will be removed much faster... hence making you less bloated. and there's like, no fat in the soup, and it tatses quite nice, although after 2 weeks of it, you sort of want to kill yourself... but if you're working towards a goal...
    oh...that famous dieting veggie soup. you use up more calories trying to digest it. i like it...but then again...i've had people calling be a "rabbit" cos i always eat "rabbit food", ie. veggies & fruits. *yumm*

my mom calls me the "fruit queen". apparently the fruit stall owner even told my mom "OMG...how much fruit does your family eat?!!" :flute: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Did no one read the initial post on this thread? Why are so many people saying that fat makes you cuddly, that she's thin enough already and that quick fixes aren't the way? She wants a quick fix initially so she's thin for the ball; she's not going to wreck her health with 10 days of crash dieting. I'm in exactly the same position- putting on weight now could potentially cost me a lot of money as I wouldn't be able to wear the dress I've bought. May balls are important!
    yay someone who understands! i'm not trying to be unhealthy (well, only in the short term!). ideally i want to not eat for 10 days but that's a bad idea cos i'll just get more drunk.

ReputationRep:
    i understand too, Lozza.

just acquired gorgeous dress from ebay.. but slightly too small at the top.

i have 11 days.. :eek:

*joins you on mission*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    i understand too, Lozza.

*joins you on mission*
    I was attempting to go on a diet before going on holiday. I lasted about two days!

ReputationRep:
    i have willpower.

the ball ticket cost enough to motivate me into this dress!

*grits teeth*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    i understand too, Lozza.

*joins you on mission*
    :eek: i got mine on ebay too! so pretty... *goes into happy may ball land*

which may ball is that? i'm going to emma and corpus and working at robinson and queens. so i guess officially i have just over a week but i don't care about emma that much.

edit: two ball tickets + dress + shoes = ARGH I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambridgemuscle)
    Alright you're not gonna like this but i'll say it anyway. Atkins.

drink 8 LITRES OF WATER a day. This is important to wash out toxins that are produced from ketosis.

Eat LESS THAN 25G OF CARBS PER DAY. This is stupidly hard but if u really want it you 'll suffer for two weeks.

Go down the gym on the cross trainers.

Have a cheat day on wednesday after exams. Eat a burger, go to Cindy's then go back to being the better you the next day.

I wouldn't bother unless u really would feel better in yourself if you were that little bit slimmer.

Yeah, I was just about to suggest Atkins. While it is true that Atkins is NOT a long-term solution to dieting, it is a very good diet for short-term effects. As long as you are prepared to accept that you won't keep the weight you lose off for very long, I'd say its the best diet for your weight loss. If you do it for the very short-term, it's not going to harm you (aside from tiredness, irritability etc) I did it for two weeks and lost half a stone.

The basic rules- you need to stick to the induction phase. Thats only 20g of carbs a day- generally taken from high fat foods. (although you can cheat a TINY bit and have a little bit of diabetic chocolate/ boiled sweets if you really crave 'sugar' This didn't harm me )
    This means you CAN'T have your Wednesday 'treat day' though- ignore that suggestion from the post above. This is because you need to get into the ketosis stage- having any sugar/carb overload will destroy this and it'll be back to square one. It'll only serve to reinforce tiredness and discomfort after the initial 3 days (these are without doubt the hardest days because it's the transition from one state to another)

If you have the willpower to stick to the diet you should get the desired effects. It's a bit easier nowadays, with all the Atkins bars, shakes etc... but these are expensive. Good luck if you decide to try it

ReputationRep:
    ok, i did this this time last year. no, it's not healthy and it's quite extreme but it didn't kill me either: i ate nothing but 5 pieces of fruit a day (apple, pear, peach, a handful of cherries and the same for grapes) and some carrots, cucumber and lettuce for 6 days. i also drank about 3 litres of water a day. that's it..i think i lost just over 7lbs. i didn't do all that much exercise either..just some stair climbing and the usual walking. i personally didn't feel tired or weak etc because of it, but different things work for different people. needs huge will power but you'll get the results if you stick at it. and i was a size 10 to start with and i'm 5'8. my dress was a size 8 so i think i was roughly in your boat!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck girls! I'm in a similar-ish position, but as well as losing weight so I can breathe in my dress I also need to have enough energy to race bumps for four days next week. As we're 2nd in our division this potentially means we could go up and be sandwich boat, which will require a LOT of rowing over, which is not something you can do if you've only eaten celery that day. Bugger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va Va Voom)
    ok, i did this this time last year. no, it's not healthy and it's quite extreme but it didn't kill me either: i ate nothing but 5 pieces of fruit a day (apple, pear, peach, a handful of cherries and the same for grapes) and some carrots, cucumber and lettuce for 6 days. i also drank about 3 litres of water a day. that's it..i think i lost just over 7lbs. i didn't do all that much exercise either..just some stair climbing and the usual walking. i personally didn't feel tired or weak etc because of it, but different things work for different people. needs huge will power but you'll get the results if you stick at it. and i was a size 10 to start with and i'm 5'8. my dress was a size 8 so i think i was roughly in your boat!
    i'll try that. hopefully i'll be drinking so much that i'll either be too hungover and sick to eat or too drunk to remember thanks for letting me know it's possible

ReputationRep:
    Swimming!

ReputationRep:
    I promise you if you run in the morning before you eat you'll lose weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    which may ball is that? i'm going to emma and corpus and working at robinson and queens. so i guess officially i have just over a week but i don't care about emma that much.
    Trinity (Oxford!) Ball.. tis a big fancy one.. & my dress is so pretty. it must fit! thanks for all the suggestions in this thread.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Swimming!
    Yes yes yes - uses every muscle burn burn burn woo!

(Original post by Lozza)
    *Moo*

I just tried on my fave jeans I haven't worn for a few months and they barely do up. They're too tight to wear. They've always been tight but now it's unbearable. I have a ball two weeks yesterday, and my exams finish on Wednesday. How can I lose weight by then? I don't care how unhealthy it is, and it can start Wednesday.

I will have time for exercise starting Wednesday by the way.
    sex. Always works for me - its exercise, and you really don't fancy eating whilst you're at it/in bed.

Or just make sure you have a real big poo night before mayball. amazing effect that can have sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambridgemuscle)
    drink 8 LITRES OF WATER a day. This is important to wash out toxins that are produced from ketosis.
    Utterly stupid. The last person I know that tried to drink anywhere near that amount nearly died of water poisoning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    sex. Always works for me - its exercise, and you really don't fancy eating whilst you're at it/in bed.
    Actually I know a story about that....does work.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.