Turn on thread page Beta

what to wear in oxford interview?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    could anyone tell me what I should wear in oxford interview at single sex college??
    thanks......................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    could anyone tell me what I should wear in oxford interview at single sex college??
    thanks......................
    What's the single sex got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    Wear the clothes you were born in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Wear the clothes you were born in.
    I wouldn't suggest that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I wouldn't suggest that.
    is it possible to give some suggestions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I wouldn't suggest that.
    no, but i'd love to be a fly on the wall if that ever happened...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in a suit, but this is more on the advice of my school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I'm going in a suit, but this is more on the advice of my school...
    someone's done a thread on this before...do a search for it + read all the replies (it got loads).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    someone's done a thread on this before...do a search for it + read all the replies (it got loads).

lou xxx
    cheers.............

ReputationRep:
    I've got suit trousers and smart tops..not taking a suit jacket because a) i don't have room and b) i think it might look a little OTT and the interview book said don't worry too much about dressing up.

Go with what you feel comfortable wearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    I've got suit trousers and smart tops..not taking a suit jacket because a) i don't have room and b) i think it might look a little OTT and the interview book said don't worry too much about dressing up.

Go with what you feel comfortable wearing
    Basically, i talked to an interviewer before. They dont really remember what u wear. The only memory she had was a person wearing gold sneakers.

PS the person wearing gold sneakers got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Basically, i talked to an interviewer before. They dont really remember what u wear. The only memory she had was a person wearing gold sneakers.

PS the person wearing gold sneakers got in.

shall I wear a skirt at single sex college??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    shall I wear a skirt at single sex college??
    Look at previous threads as already advised by Adshur. This is the umpteenth time this subject has been brought up.
    Threads also apply to Cambridge so there's no need for a separate one for them!

ReputationRep:
    my school advised i wore a suit and introduced myself with a "how do you do?"

No chance!

I'm going to be going in chinos and loafers, and with a very vibrant shirt

And i know one of my interviewers is only 30 something, i think i'll just say, "hello" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    my school advised i wore a suit and introduced myself with a "how do you do?"

No chance!

I'm going to be going in chinos and loafers, and with a very vibrant shirt

And i know one of my interviewers is only 30 something, i think i'll just say, "hello" ?
    The vibrant shirt might be a spur to remembering you - could be a good thing.
    I hope you'll say more than "hello" - lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    The vibrant shirt might be a spur to remembering you - could be a good thing.
    I hope you'll say more than "hello" - lol

What's wrong with hello? That's what I'm going to say.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, nothing wrong with it, perhaps it's just not formal enough.

Tbh i even doubt if i'll say hello, i never say it in real life, i'll probably just say hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Of course, nothing wrong with it, perhaps it's just not formal enough.

Tbh i even doubt if i'll say hello, i never say it in real life, i'll probably just say hi

Same. I am from Essex, you know.

ReputationRep:
    I spent three years studying law at Lincoln College, Oxford and so I got to know what tutors think about interviews quite well.

Basically, most tutors won't care what you wear, unless it was really scruffy in which case they might care a bit.

Some tutors, however, will prefer candidates wearing smart clothes (eg a suit).

So the safe option is to wear a suit! It's also good for your self confidence to feel smart.

Having said that, I personally don't think the interview is *that* important, obviously it matters a bit but they also care a lot about your predicted grades, your references and how you've done in your exams so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyrimmy)
    I spent three years studying law at Lincoln College, Oxford and so I got to know what tutors think about interviews quite well.

Basically, most tutors won't care what you wear, unless it was really scruffy in which case they might care a bit.

Some tutors, however, will prefer candidates wearing smart clothes (eg a suit).

So the safe option is to wear a suit! It's also good for your self confidence to feel smart.

Having said that, I personally don't think the interview is *that* important, obviously it matters a bit but they also care a lot about your predicted grades, your references and how you've done in your exams so far.
    it is really really helpful,thanks

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.