Turn on thread page Beta

what to wear in oxford interview?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    could anyone tell me what I should wear in oxford interview at single sex college??
    thanks......................
    anything as long as they are clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    my school advised i wore a suit and introduced myself with a "how do you do?"

No chance!

I'm going to be going in chinos and loafers, and with a very vibrant shirt

And i know one of my interviewers is only 30 something, i think i'll just say, "hello" ?
    are you the same seer that said oxford candidates are *******s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    are you the same seer that said oxford candidates are *******s?
    Did he!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no.

Can you kick a football in a straight line elpaw?

ReputationRep:
    I have got a suit to wear, and other smart clothes for the interviews. I was wondering whether you have to wear smart stuff all the time. Can you just wear what you want in the evenings etc...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    I have got a suit to wear, and other smart clothes for the interviews. I was wondering whether you have to wear smart stuff all the time. Can you just wear what you want in the evenings etc...?
    Well obviously you can wear whatever you want at any time - but if you are going for a smart look at the interview it's fine to dress down a bit afterwards. At my interview most people wore smart-casual the day their interview was and switched to casual-casual the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Well obviously you can wear whatever you want at any time - but if you are going for a smart look at the interview it's fine to dress down a bit afterwards. At my interview most people wore smart-casual the day their interview was and switched to casual-casual the next day
    Thats ok then...

Is it the case that you may have a day when you have no interviews at all?

ReputationRep:
    Thats ok then...

yes,I will prepare 3 sets of clothes for oxford interview,and wear suit for the interview day and wear casual clothes on the exam(it makes me more relaxed).........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    shall I wear a skirt at single sex college??
    What subject? Depends, cause normanlly like wear those trouserous/ nice shirt type. Look the business. But definetly not mini skirts

ReputationRep:
    Thats ok then...

Yeah - In my case i had the test and combined interview on day 1, and a seminar with current students on day 2 - on the second day lots of people wore casual clothes, and some even wore trainers. I only had only had smart clothes so was wearing pretty much the same stuff though.

ReputationRep:

Mikesgt2:

You don't need to wear a suit all the time. You're unlikely to see any of the interviewing tutors around College since they're *very* busy at this time of year and they probably won't even recognise you anyway. Just wear whatever you normally would at home, that's what everyone else will be doing. Having said that, if you get horribly drunk and throw up on a tutor that might have a bad effect on your application so don't do anything like that...

You're also unlikely to have a day when you don't have interviews but it does happen - I spent three days in Oxford during my application and I only had two interviews but since then they've made the process more efficient.

Also, my interview went really badly and I was very nervous but I still got in, so don't stress too much :-)

If anyone has any other questions about the process they're welcome to email me...

edders: id prefer if we got any Q&A on here so we can all read it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyrimmy)
    Mikesgt2:

You don't need to wear a suit all the time. You're unlikely to see any of the interviewing tutors around College since they're *very* busy at this time of year and they probably won't even recognise you anyway. Just wear whatever you normally would at home, that's what everyone else will be doing. Having said that, if you get horribly drunk and throw up on a tutor that might have a bad effect on your application so don't do anything like that...

You're also unlikely to have a day when you don't have interviews but it does happen - I spent three days in Oxford during my application and I only had two interviews but since then they've made the process more efficient.

Also, my interview went really badly and I was very nervous but I still got in, so don't stress too much :-)

If anyone has any other questions about the process they're welcome to email me on james @ rimmerdom.freeserve.co.uk
    can u put up the ques they asked u on teh sticky thread about uni ques?

ReputationRep:
    Mikesgt2:

If anyone has any other questions about the process they're welcome to email me...

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I'll make sure I don't get horribly drunk, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    can u put up the ques they asked u on teh sticky thread about uni ques?
    Yes, of course :-)

ReputationRep:
    Mikesgt2:

HI,sent you a message about clothes.....thanks.............. ..............

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.