This discussion is closed.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Janealams)
now have a look at this
If we could shrink the earths population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:
There would be:
57 asians
21 europeans
14 from Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans
52 would be female
48 would be male
70 would be non white
30 would be white
70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian
89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual
6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all 6 would be from the United States
80 would be living in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer malnutrition
1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth
1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
1 would own a computer

The following is also something to ponder....
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...
you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of
imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...
you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
If you can attend a religious gathering wihtout fear of harassment, arrest,
torture, or death... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead
and a place to sleep...
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish somewhere...
you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
If your parents are still alive and still married.. you are very rare, no matter where you live.
Slightly more interesting.
Gwen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ya but very few n those of close ones on this very forum i have read enough forums to convice my self how loverful relations r
:confused: i take it your saying not all relationships are?
Janealams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
For me life is about making the most of the years I have on this Earth. Developing and sustaining meaningful and happy relationships with those I care about. Trying to do what I can to help less fortunate people. Experiencing many different things. You list will neither help nor hinder nor change my views. The fact is that despite the technique of finding lots of different words ending in "less" and then *drum roll* saying our lives are therefore meaningLESS your list is not relevant to anyone and is pointLESS in the extreme. In my opinion.
im not trying to change anyones views abt life if just a thread can change anyone's view abt life then i guess its in itself saying that they dont have any meaning.
PLus would u like to tell me how n how many u will help do u ever thought of getting out ur cozy enviorments n reach out or do anything for atleast those who r suffering in Darfur thats just an example compare ur life with those n then tell me the so called purpose.
Janealams
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwenyth!)
:confused: i take it your saying not all relationships are?
ya not all relationships are i believe theres only one unconditional relation or love in the world that is of Mother all others r conditional does that mean they r pure they can be loverfull as u said but not as pure as a relation should be.
Janealams
Rep:
?
Slightly more interesting.
n again its not to change ur views or Religion just to tell u a little fact.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im not trying to change anyones views abt life if just a thread can change anyone's view abt life then i guess its in itself saying that they dont have any meaning.
PLus would u like to tell me how n how many u will help do u ever thought of getting out ur cozy enviorments n reach out or do anything for atleast those who r suffering in Darfur thats just an example compare ur life with those n then tell me the so called purpose.
Are you telling me I should feel guilty about having been lucky enough not to be born in Darfur? Look, during the elections here I campaigned for the political party I felt could do the most to help the World's poorest. In life (and on TSR) I try to debate lines of argument which will help the underpriviliged. Please tell me what your point is?

Our communication - Wireless
Our business - Cashless
Our telephone - Cordless
Our cooking - Fireless
Our conduct - Worthless
Our relation - Loveless
Our attitude - Careless
Our feelings - Heartless
Our politics - Shameless
Our education - Valueless
Our Follies - Countless
Our arguments - Baseless
Our commitment - Aimless

Please tell me how any of the above - these ridiculous and subjective statements - mean anything at all. And how through listing these you come to the conclusion that our lives are meaningless.
Janealams
Rep:
?
Are you telling me I should feel guilty about having been lucky enough not to be born in Darfur? Look, during the elections here I campaigned for the political party I felt could do the most to help the World's poorest. In life (and on TSR) I try to debate lines of argument which will help the underpriviliged. Please tell me what your point is?

Our communication - Wireless
Our business - Cashless
Our telephone - Cordless
Our cooking - Fireless
Our conduct - Worthless
Our relation - Loveless
Our attitude - Careless
Our feelings - Heartless
Our politics - Shameless
Our education - Valueless
Our Follies - Countless
Our arguments - Baseless
Our commitment - Aimless

Please tell me how any of the above - these ridiculous and subjective statements - mean anything at all. And how through listing these you come to the conclusion that our lives are meaningless.
well ofcourse not a single thing in this world is for everyone its a general perception.
if this isnt the case with u thats doesnt this is not how it is.
Plus im not saying u should have born in Darfur wat im asking u how u relate ur life with them.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed